Copy Editor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - New York City - 53 views
Position summary: The Copy Editor will work to transform legal marketing materials into dynamic, strategic and concise brand messaging by improving clarity, correcting typos, fact checking, maintaining consistency and adhering to a style guide. This is a key role at the center of all marketing copy, working across departments and various stakeholders to craft and hone brand messaging for video, print and online. As part of the creative team and reporting to the Creative Services Manager, there will be opportunity to write copy for high-priority creative projects and influence firm branding and style.
- Copy edit and proofread Cooley's marketing materials, including external messaging, internal communications and client-focused projects, to ensure consistency and accuracy in brand voice, style, tone and grammar
- Work with marketing department colleagues and firmwide stakeholders to develop new, impactful marketing messages
- Enthusiastically champion efficient approaches to productivity and workflow that eliminate redundancies department-wide
- Help shape the Cooley style guide, run trainings and execute special projects
- Provide periodic feedback to marketing department colleagues to uphold the Cooley style and brand, including implementing new methods of coaching others on writing, style and voice
- Meet regularly with the Creative Services Manager to forecast workload, prioritize work and drive initiatives
- Quickly learn and continually upgrade legal industry expertise and stay abreast of copywriting trends across industries
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in copy editing and proofreading
- Must have command and knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment and to adjust intensity of editing according to specified needs per project
- Must have proven ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to writers and project leads
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism
- Experience or familiarity with legal and technology industries
- Exhibit passion for the process of copy editing
- As part of the creative team and in partnership with the firm's designers, have a keen eye for pairing stellar copies with visual elements with the goal of enhancing both
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Have an innate sense of efficiency with strong time management skills
- Must be a self-starter who can review large quantities of copy under deadlines and prioritize their slate of projects effectively
- Demonstrate aptitude for building relationships and collaborating across departments and interdepartmental groups
Cooley offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package. EOE.
True commitment to workplace diversity means offering all employees the tools, training and mentoring they need to succeed. It means embracing the importance of diversity on our client teams. It enables every individual to balance work and family obligations. It is about fostering community involvement and participation in local and national diversity initiatives. It means leading by example in our profession. Cooley is an equal opportunity employer.