Cook Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 121 views
DIVISION:Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO:Kitchen Manager
CLASSIFICATION:Full or Part Time/Seasonal/Hourly
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Cook assists the Chef de Cuisine in all aspects of the food line in the Restaurant Kitchen and provide guests with well prepared, beautifully plated food so that they have a memorable and enjoyable dining experience.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Ski privileges within the Wasatch range to eligible employees
- Free breakfast to all employees
- Paid Time Off policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, food, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Transportation benefits
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 Years of experience working as a Line Cook and/or Prep Cook
- Formal culinary training or degree preferred
- Complete knowledge of hot station line operations and execution
- Proven ability to work a hot station preparing appetizers and entrees for a fine dining establishment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all FOH/BOH staff
- Ability to take orders and work in a high pressure, fast moving environment
- Must be able and willing to stand for entire shift
- Regularly Lifts up to 50 LBS
- Food Handlers Certification
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Chef de Cuisine in preparation of all components of the menu items from appetizers to entres. This includes, but is not limited to: Stocks, Sauces, Proteins, Starches, Vegetables, Soups, etc.
- Execute all guest orders items during service by preparing and plating food in an exceptional, timely and artistic manner
- Train with cook and act as back up for Garde Mange station in preparing salads, apps and cold kitchen plates
- Actively participate in all kitchen cleaning duties, including station tear down, dishwashing, equipment cleaning, sweeping, moping, etc.
Our Grooming Standards help our staff maintain an appearance consistent with Solitude Mountain Resort's image and the expectations of our guests. Please review our grooming standards prior to submitting an application.
(please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|
Not only does our commitment to this philosophy keep our guests returning year after year, but our staff members as well. It is our desire that staff members enjoy their work, while also taking the time to enjoy the great activities available in our breathtaking, natural environment. We like to have fun while providing world-class guest service and memorable experiences to our guests and each other.