Cook and Kitchen Assistant - The Place SSCE - OND / NCE Job1 month ago - Cook / Catering / Confectionery Job - Lagos - 405 views
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- A Cook is responsible for preparing ingredients at an establishment that serves food, processing customer orders, producing meals and cleaning their workspace throughout the day to follow health and safety guidelines.
- Cooks follow recipes consistently, make adjustments based on customer requests, communicate with wait staff and prepare garnishes to make an attractive presentation for each meal.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Occasionally serve food
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment and dishes
- Handle and store ingredients and food
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards.
- SSCE / OND / HND qualification.
- 1 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Cook, Chef or related role.
- Working knowledge of local dishes techniques and the Intercontinental dish making process.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment
- Must reside or be willing to work on Lagos Island.
Salary is attractive + HMO + Free lunch + 13th month salary.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. If you meet the above criteria, please apply.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.