Content Director (Spanish language) - NDWA Labs Bachelor's Degree Job9 months ago - Art / Language Jobs - New York City - 173 views
Position Summary: NDWA Labs’ La Alianza media venture and chatbot puts vital information and resources directly into the hands of cleaners, nannies and home care workers. Launched as an experiment, La Alianza grew quickly to more than 200K domestic worker subscribers. In 2020 we aim to grow La Alianza in size and impact; launch a new initiative using chatbots to conduct working condition research; and integrate La Alianza with our other products, including Alia, the first portable benefits platform for domestic workers. In order to accomplish this we are looking for a Content Director to lead content strategy, creation and production for La Alianza.
About Us: NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages and benefits to an invisible, undervalued and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry.
About You: You’re a seasoned creator and leader who wants to roll up your sleeves to help build something great. You’re skilled up and ready to own the content process on a small, passionate product team. You love crafting digital content, and you have the deep cultural knowledge and native/bilingual Spanish language skills necessary to shape an authentic voice for our platform. You are fluent in lean experimentation methods and regularly go to data to make decisions. You can write, fact-check and edit news with impeccable professionalism and integrity, and you can also write catchy copy that drives conversion. You are excited to work in a vibrant, women of color-led start-up and social movement environment.
The Role: The Content Director will serve as the content lead for a Spanish-language digital media platform that includes a chatbot, news website, facebook page and facebook groups and may expand to include other channels. You will be part of team that also includes a data scientist and a product designer. This position is currently funded for one year by a significant philanthropic investment and is likely to continue given successful outcomes. Key responsibilities include:
- Create original content concepts around news and resources for domestic workers to be delivered via our digital media platforms
- Develop strong relationships with staff, worker leaders and members; discover and internalize the point of view and stylistic choices that make NDWA’s voice powerful
- In partnership with the product team, translate organizing hypotheses into testable content and participate fully in executing experiments
- Understand the audience’s underlying needs, run collaborative creative brainstorms, and bring key insights and clear recommendations to the product team
- Tie content back to desired worker and organizational outcomes
- Work closely with the product team to understand what is and is not working, and to iterate, pivot or scale
- Participate in data collection and analysis
- Bring insights to and participate in cross-team projects with NDWA Labs, National Domestic Workers Alliance, affiliates and partners
- Oversee production for all content types - News stories, Messaging flows, Surveys, Courses, Groups and other content forms not yet developed. This includes being technically proficient in publishing on our chatbot, social and web platforms
- Ensure all published news meets our written ethics, fact-checking and other policies
- Create an editorial calendar that maps to organizational needs and deliver high quality content on that schedule
- Ensure that all content produced is highly engaging; accurate and useful; on brand and loved by workers
- Write content and report news
- Recruit and manage peers, volunteers and freelancers to contribute content; manage and maintain budgets when applicable
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of our backend platforms
- Contribute to data collection and analysis for internal dashboards/learning reports and external funder reporting and research publications
- 5+ years of experience leading content for high-growth digital media platforms
- Proven ability to create engaging and culturally-resonant content in Spanish
- Experience designing and executing conversion campaigns
- Experience reporting and fact-checking news; formal journalism credentials preferred
- Ready to use data and data analysis to drive decisions
- Demonstrated comfort with lean experimentation process (see below), accepting and acting on feedback, and with working collaboratively on a product team
- Ability to build directly inside our backend platforms, e.g. Chatfuel and Wordpress
- Skills in video production, audio production, visual design preferred
- Understand the interests of and issues facing low-wage immigrant women in the US
- A commitment to advancing progressive social change
NDWA Labs uses lean startup methodologies to rigorously test ideas and ensure our products provide real value in people’s everyday lives. Read more about this approach to experimentation in a Stanford Social Innovation article developed by our friends at Accelerate Change, “The Promise of Lean Experimentation”.
Generous Benefits, including 100% coverage of health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families; 5+ weeks of paid time off annually (prorated to the start date, including 3 weeks of office closure, most federal holidays, 12 days of vacation, and 12 sick days); 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English/Spanish bilingual required
How to Apply
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Please submit a resume and cover letter here:https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=63