Compliance Officer - Guaranty Trust Bank plc BSc - MSc Job1 month ago - Banking Jobs - Lagos - 668 views
Purpose of the Job
- The Compliance Officer will provide assistance to the Group Chief Risk and Compliance Officer with the development of compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines for the Group.
- He/she will ensure that the Group complies with regulatory and statutory requirements, and also operates within limits set by regulators.
- He/she will be responsible for maintaining a compliance culture within the Group, and he/she will also be the resource and contact person to all compliance-related issues for the Group.
- Provide support in designing a robust compliance strategy for the Group with over 10 subsidiaries across Africa and across different financial services businesses
- Review and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Group
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Proactively review all regulatory permissions to ensure that they remain current and appropriate for business needs
- Evaluate Group activities to assess and monitor compliance risk
- Ensure continual compliance risk assessment of the Group practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
- Ensuring compliance with best practices
- Any other duties as required by the Group Head
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML)
- Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services
- Local and international certifications in Compliance, such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Deep knowledge and understanding of both banking and general financial markets regulatory environment including Anti-money laundering requirements.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in compliance experience preferably within the financial services environment
- Experience in assisting with the implementation of risk-based compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Ability to build relationships with senior leaders, and external agencies
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analysis capabilities
- Ability to exert sound judgment and discretion; assure confidentiality
- Ability to build strong network with regulatory bodies and government authorities
- Good standing and assertiveness, with excellent teamwork attitude, with proven ability to influence and coordinate team beyond his/her own department
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, changing organization
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone West Africa and the United Kingdom. The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote dIvoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda and the United Kingdom.