Community Engagement Coordinator At Falconworks Artists Group High School Diploma Job7 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Brooklyn Park - 161 views
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be a key ambassador for Falconworks Theater Company in our home community of Red Hook, Brooklyn, and in other communities in New York City and beyond. The Coordinator will have three key areas of focus:
- Increasing involvement by members of these communities in our programs, by recruiting and coordinating activities with program participants and volunteers;
- Increasing attendance at performances and events by managing individual marketing activities;
- Supporting Falconworks’ individual fundraising programs, including a spring fundraising event, and other possible small events.
This is a part-time position, with opportunities for growth based on the organization’s success in increasing its annual income.
Please visit http://falconworkstheater.org for more information about Falconworks and its programs.
1) Working with the Artistic Director and the "Off the Hook" Program Director, increase awareness of Falconworks’ programs and involvement by community members. This includes recruiting, helping select, and communicating with:
- youth participants for the Off the Hook program;
- adult and young adult participants for other existing or new programs;
- volunteers for theater productions (actors, stage crew, technical artists and carpenters, front of house, etc.); and
- other volunteers for events and activities that take place from time to time.
2) Working with the Board of Directors, help to coordinate fundraising events, including a major annual fundraising event and smaller events as may be practical. Help identify and coordinate activities of benefit committee members and volunteers. Coordinate with the event venue and donors. Oversee day-of-event activities.
3) Recruit and help manage volunteers for programs, fundraising events and administrative tasks.
4) Help execute marketing efforts for performances and other events, including:
- leading outreach to local residents in and near Red Hook, including outreach through other community organizations, schools, churches, and businesses
- leading the distribution of flyers, posters, and other materials, including identifying and managing volunteers to help with distribution
- identifying opportunities for publicity in local media, calendars, online sources
- assisting with mailings.
The primary qualifications are a commitment to education and community development through the arts, a desire for direct interaction with a diverse community, and readiness to perform both challenging and clerical tasks. We are looking for a self-starter able to work with a wide range of people, including young people and their families, theater professionals, artists, educators, social service providers, community activists, and bureaucrats.
The following qualifications are required:
- Experience working with diverse groups of people in a variety of settings. A desire to engage with members of our community one-on-one, in small and large groups, via telephone, or in writing.
- A focused approach to work, attention to detail, follow-through, and the readiness to ask for help when needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Docs, email, social media, and other computer skills.
- A high-school diploma or equivalent; some college or a college degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Red Hook community and surrounding neighborhoods.
Some combination of the following additional skills and experience may be especially helpful:
- Experience in building community engagement, particularly with under-resourced communities and in a not-for-profit setting.
- Experience with marketing including through social media, traditional media, and direct marketing
- Experience or skills in the arts, and particularly theater
- Additional software skills, including design software (Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator), web design, or other marketing-related tools
- Graphic design skills
- Strong writing skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish or other languages desired.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this position or the organization.