Community Development Officer at Terre des hommes (Tdh) HND / BA / BSc Job5 months ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Maiduguri - 302 views
Job Title: Community Development Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Reporting to the Chid Protection and Education in Emergencies Team Leader, with close support from the Deputy Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Project Manager, the Community Development Officer is responsible to ensure quality implementation of the community mobilization activities, such as household-to-household outreach, awareness raising sessions and events for boys, girls, men and women, including community leaders, on the child protection and education themes
- This inlcudes supporting and strengthening the community based child protection and education structures and mechanisms.
Responsibilities & Task
- In direct supervision of Project Team Leader, he/she will coordinate implementation of awareness raising sessions and events for girls, boys, men and women.
- Identify child protection issues present in the community to inform development of the awareness raising sessions and events.
- Contribute to drafting the content of awareness raising sessions and events for various target groups.
- Identify, train and support community Child Protection Focal Points/ Child Protection Committees on how to identify and adequately respond to cases of children at risk.
- Contribute to the design of Information, Education and Communication materials and coordinate information dissemination within the community.
- Hold regular meetings with the relevant stakeholders (local formal and informal authorities, CP and non-CP actors, public services) to familiarize them with the project, its objectives and engage them in its implementation.
- Provide regular updates, reports, success stories and lessons learnt to the Team Leader, at periodic meetings or as requested.
- Collect and document the data (attendace sheets, KAP surveys, questionnaires of satisfaction, pre post tests etc) in line with project indicators.
- Work in close collaboration and in coordination with community memebrs, CP and non-CP actors, local authorities and public services operational at the project location.
- Participate in internal / external meetings related to the project areas and communicate well on the outcomes with the line manger.
- Establish strong communication and coordination channels with service providers operational at the project location.
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with Child Protection Minimum Standards and humanitarian principles.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University Degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Human Rights, or any other related discipline
- Work experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Child Protection / Protection/ Education / SGBV/ Social work / Case management.
- Knowledge & skills: Experience working with communities.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building skills / Excellent knowledge of protection and education in emergencies / Previous experience in child protection and education in emergencies is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations;
- Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards,
- Good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.