Communications Manager - Project Equity Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Oakland - 216 views
As the Communications Manager at Project Equity, you will help provide external communications in support of our mission to advance employee ownership. You will showcase the power of employee ownership as the preferred business model to achieve the goals of business owners, employees, communities and economic development specialists. You will help to drive interest from business owners and support business development in securing new clients and channel partnerships. In this role, you will provide direction and maintain public relations, social media, and event management to benefit business owners and build long-term relationships with our multiple audiences.
How you will educate businesses and customers about employee ownership
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the following outcomes:
- Assist Business Development, Client Services, and Regional Expansion, Fundraising and Leadership teams with their proactive press and public relations needs.
- Lead a public relations/press campaign to leverage Project Equity’s expertise and forward businesses to the assessment phase of employee ownership and to drive public, private sector and funder awareness and support of employee ownership and Project Equity’s work.
- Engage businesses and city / county / other officials through the management and execution of events that drive business owners, channel partnership and funder interest in employee ownership and Project Equity’s work. Manage internal teams through the details of events, fundraising opportunities, partnership programs, conferences, press events, and special events.
- Create well-written, newsletters, website and social media content for business owners and others that provides accessible nuts-and-bolts information about employee ownership and creates a positive profile of Project Equity’s expertise.
- Increase audience accessibility to our messages and information by developing and monitoring social media resources and communicating to followers weekly. Grow targeted followers and advocates through social media strategy as well as search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
How you work
- You are passionate about making a difference by scaling employee ownership and creating economic resiliency for employee-owners.
- You have a high level of brand sensitivity, and always deliver material and content that is brand-aligned.
- You are hungry to learn the details about how employee ownership works, and to accurately reflect this in the material and content that you create.
- You are highly collaborative with internal teams, external partnerships, regional partners and contractors.
- You are accountable and your teammates can depend on you to provide solutions on time and within budget.
- You are highly attentive to detail, care about the end product, and want to be of service to internal and external customers.
Your Experience Includes
- At least 5 years public relations and strategic communication writing experience.
- Production of written materials. You love writing and you are good at it!
- Full-time position with travel (not to exceed 50%)
Project Equity is an independent operating project of the nonprofit umbrella organization, Multiplier, a nationally recognized nonprofit with a growing portfolio of innovative initiatives that conserve and protect a sustainable and resilient world (www.multiplier.org)
Multiplier and Project Equity celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Project Equity are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Project Equity prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.
100% of employee premium covered for Cigna medical, dental, vision (30% for dependents), Simple IRA employer match up to 3%, 12 annual holidays, 15 annual vacation days (years 1-4) 20 days (year 5+), 10 days sick leave annually.
Level of Language Proficiency
Highly skilled writer in English.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter here. In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to work with Project Equity, and how your experience, skills and commitment will advance our work to create a more equitable economy.
through employee ownership transitions
Do you want to see a world where the average employee has economic security and businesses help build resilient communities? We do too! Project Equity helps employees become owners of the businesses where they work. We raise awareness of employee ownership as a business succession strategy, conduct business outreach and education, and provide direct support for business owners and employees to transition to employee ownership. Project Equity is currently expanding into multiple regions around the country.