Communications Manager - Interfaith Power & Light Relevant Educational Qualifications Job10 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Oakland - 283 views
Position Summary: The Communications Manager (CM) will develop and implement a national communications strategy to raise the profile of Interfaith Power & Light and broadcast faith-based and moral messages for climate action. The CM will be responsible for promoting our national policy priorities, strategic message development, recruiting and training spokespersons, and interacting directly with media outlets. Candidates should have demonstrated success in generating earned media in both traditional and online outlets. Candidates should also be experienced in utilizing social media for message amplification and list-building. The position is suited for an experienced communications professional who is excited about taking IPL to the next level. The ideal candidate will also have experience with the faith community and climate and/or energy policy advocacy along with at least three years project management experience.
This is an opportunity to join a unique and dynamic organization in a newly created, strategic position. Position reports to the president, while supporting programs and campaigns across the organization.
• Develop and implement national communications plan targeting both traditional and new media opportunities
• Lead message development, ensure that social media communications are consistent with overall media strategy and messages
• Create and oversee development of compelling written materials including website content
• Maintain and develop relationships with reporters and editors; manage media database and track news coverage
• Monitor and analyze media coverage of national campaigns and state affiliates
• Collaborate with other staff to integrate media outreach into campaign planning
• Travel to training events, strategy sessions, visibility events, or other large events and conferences as needed
• Work with state affiliate leaders occasionally to help them develop their communications programs
• Provide creative input and work with multiple teams
• Collaborate with development team to ensure effective communication with funders, board members, and supporters
• Work with president and executive director to ensure program is meeting strategic priorities
• Work in coalitions with other environmental and faith-based organizations
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in communications and media
• Proven experience developing and implementing successful media and communications strategies
• Strong track record developing and managing creative online campaigns using social media, including list building campaigns
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; excellent attention to detail and follow-through are essential
• Ability to take initiative, think creatively and work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds and skills
• Experience with climate, energy efficiency, and/or renewable energy policy
• Experience working in a nonprofit setting
• Experience working with the faith community
• Experience with Macintosh computers, online CRM and CRS software a plus
Compensation: The Regeneration Project offers a competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, generous vacation time, commuter benefits and a retirement savings plan.
Location: Oakland, CA or Washington, D.C. (remote). Other locations considered.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com with the heading Communications Manager Application in the subject line. No telephone inquiries please. Position is open until filled.
Since our founding in the year 2000, IPL affiliates have been established in 40 states and the network has grown to reach 22,000 congregations of all major religions. IPL has developed impactful programs to help these congregations conserve energy, green their facilities, and teach and preach about climate change as a moral issue.