Communications Manager - ECMC Foundation BSc - MSc Job4 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Los Angeles - 155 views
The Communications Manager will work directly for the Vice President of the Foundation and partner with Foundation program staff and ECMC Group’s corporate communications team to implement ECMC Foundation’s communications efforts. The primary responsibility of the Communications Manager will be to plan, organize, direct and execute the Foundation’s communications strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: website updates, web analytics, blog postings, press releases, op-eds, drafting of speeches, newsletters, print publications, brochures, multimedia, advertisements, social media management, and PowerPoint presentations. This position includes identifying ideas and opportunities to improve the awareness of the Foundation work and that of our grantee partners. The Communications Manager may also be asked to undertake and oversee other projects, as assigned, including working with the program staff on grantmaking projects, and in assisting grantee organizations with communications outreach.
Vice President of the Foundation
The Communications Manager oversees the development and implementation of the Foundation’s communications strategy and goals. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy to support ECMC Foundation’s branding, message and grantee engagement
- Deliver the Foundation’s message to its external target audiences through digital and traditional media via grantee spotlights, President’s Message, Vice President’s Message and other website content
- Serve as Webmaster of the Foundation website, keeping text and visual content fresh, up-to-date, creative and compelling, and analyzing and reporting on webpage usage
- Write and/or edit content for website, e-blasts, and blogs
- Manage content for Foundation and Foundation President’s and Vice President’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, talking points, and other communications activities for internal and external purposes
- Develop print publications and collateral (e.g., Foundation annual report, brochures, fact sheets)
- Work with ECMC Group Public Relations Director to drive Foundation’s PR efforts (e.g., press releases, op-eds, publication submissions)
- Identify speaking engagement opportunities for Foundation President, Vice President and Program Directors
- Lead and coordinate production of multimedia (e.g., videos, podcasts, webinars)
- Gather web analytics from Google Analytics to drive strategic communications decisions
- Extract data from existing sources (e.g., press releases), quantify and summarize findings for communication uses and cross promote through ECMC Foundation channels
- Identify strategies to promote ECMC Foundation special initiatives
- Understand the Foundation’s policies regarding program and grant evaluation and help synthesize and disseminate findings
- Ensure grantee communications comply with standards set in grant agreement
- Identify issues at the direction of the Program Directors to convene stakeholders and, as appropriate, plan, coordinate, and participate in convenings
- Work with other ECMC departments and work as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of ECMC Foundation, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Comply with all ECMC Group Policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-8 years’ experience, with at least three years of experience in a communications role
- Master's Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to effectively:
- Write clear, concise analyses and narratives
- Organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects and regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders
- Manage resources and understand work/project scope, key players, urgency, inherent risks and business benefits
- Anticipate, understand and manage stakeholder expectations and consistent delivery of services and clearly and effectively convey information
- Plan and think strategically and conceptually about programs and implementation
- Understand the higher education system and the overall landscape, nonprofit organizational structure, public policy and outcome measures/evaluation methodologies aimed at assessing program effectiveness
- Facilitate meetings and group processes for the purposes of agenda-setting, fact-finding, decision-making, peer learning and collaboration to accomplish shared goals.
- Convey information to individuals or groups including the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Prepare and give presentations, and to comfortably interact with diverse audiences, including Board members, civic and education leaders, and nonprofit and community groups
- Work collaboratively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Analyze, identify and solve problems while using sound judgment and implement solutions to address business issues
- Show Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software
- Maintain excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Lead and manage projects, prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands, with consistent attention to timelines
- Deliver on commitments as promised and acknowledge when commitments are not met and takes appropriate steps to fulfill what has been promised
- Work well independently and take direction
- Take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion
- Promote high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational standards
- Display a sense of humor, flexibility, and the ability to contribute to a collegial, respectful, and supportive office environment
- Direct Reports: No with the possibility for supervising interns and/or consultants
Office: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment that requires normal safety precautions (such as in typical office or administrative work). Working from home is not an option for this position.
Sedentary work: Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing etc. may be minimally required.
Occasionally - up to 15% of the time.
How to Apply
Please follow the link to apply, and please include a cover letter with your application: https://basecamp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ECMC/job/Los-Angeles-CA/Communications-Manager_R3120