Communication / Social Media Officer-Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) HND / BA / BSc Job2021-03-17 06:28 Customer service / Communication Abuja 446 views
Locations: (FCT) Abuja, Kogi and Niger
- Raise the profile of AYGF, both nationally and internationally. Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines of AYGF are uniformly and consistently followed.
- Plan and execute strategic communications (all channels) to increase engagement, visibility and voice for AYGF’s programs.
- Build engagement and manage social media profiles for AYGF to enhance voice, awareness and relevance.
- Identify and adapt relevant social media trends to increase engagement.
- Identify, escalate and manage issues when required with the support of colleagues
- Ensure timely, regular and live updates on existing activities across Nigeria on our various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram. YouTube and Twitter)
- Engage in social media outreach activities and devise social media toolkits and tweet sheets based on the priorities identified.
- Work closely with team members on the production and dissemination of materials for print / online / voice / visual.
Information and Communications:
- Lead on information and communication flows between programs and a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Produce communications and information materials, such as, brochures, info graphics, project/programme profiles, videos and newsletters etc; to build project visibility and engagement with AYGF members, HQ, partners and relevant stakeholders to support programmes, advocacy and programmes;
- Produce accurate, clear and consistent information and communication outputs relating to emergency situation, campaigns and AYGF’s response and programmes – including key messages, Q&A’s, briefings and factsheets;
- Oversee the production of community-facing communications materials to support programmes;
- Work with the Knowledge Management focal person on the production of compelling photo stories, case studies and audio-visual materials from the field to highlight AYGF`s work, including the commissioning of photography and film when required and in line with AYGF policies and procedures
- Tailor communication styles to different audiences with responsibility for ensuring terminology, branding and visibility in all materials, and ensure that AYGF’s mandate as an impartial, neutral and humanitarian organisation is imparted in all communications;
- Successfully promoting and strengthening the profile of AYGF in Nigeria through the social media and other exhibition opportunities
- Work with celebrities and social media influencers to engage strategic audiences
- Evaluate results and impact of communications activities
- Ensure that relevant programs have communication plans, oversee and support the implementation of communications plans;
- Build the capacity of partner organizations’ for communications, as well as ensuring any joint communications projects are in-line with AYGF policies and standards, including branding and visibility;
Building and maintaining effective relationships:
- Sourcing out Celebrities with high presence on Social Media and engaging them for strategic communications.
- Improve internal communications at all levels and ensure updates are produced and circulated highlighting successes and sharing best practices.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Degree in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations from a recognized higher educational institution
- 4-7 years’+ work experience, preferably in similar positions in NGOs in Nigeria
- Proven experience of developing and managing the production of communications materials for NGOs or other similar organisations.
Skills / Competencies:
- Can produce accurate, clear and consistent information and communication outputs relating to both programme support and humanitarian situation – including key messages, Q&A’s and factsheets, case studies, press releases, media statements, briefs etc.;
- Evidence of excellent English verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of different audiences including donors, partners and the ‘general public’. Ability to strategically target a wide-range of audiences is essential.
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Creativity and desire to learn
- The ability to deliver in high-pressure situations, with changing deadlines and priorities;
- Experience in leading information and communication flows between a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to gather case studies, testimonies and information on different programmes. Excellent IT skills, especially in PowerPoint, SharePoint, social media analytics, and experience with design softwares such as Photoshop is an advantage;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion. Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy;
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support;
- Ability to fact check, proofread, edit and draft materials;
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment and interest in AYGF’s mission, vision and values. In particular, a good understanding of AYGF mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application and addressed to "The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)", to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: This position is open only to applicants residing in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are recruiting to fill the position