College in the High School Instructor - Volunteer Pool Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Tacoma - 115 views
Tacoma Community College's (TCC) College in the High School Program is seeking Tacoma Public School teachers as volunteers to prepare and teach TCC courses in classroom environments within the local high schools.
Volunteer Faculty Members are professional educators with the primary responsibility of teaching TCC courses for college credit in the high school under the mentorship of TCC Faculty Coordinators in the specific discipline. The Volunteer Faculty Member's role is to prepare and teach the course such that ensures the high school students are being held to the same standards of achievement, grading norms, and assessment methods as students in sections at TCC.
This recruitment is to establish an volunteer applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.
- Prepare and teach discipline specific course ensuring all course and program learning outcomes are met.
- Master's degree in the discipline or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching college-level discipline specific courses.
- Experience using a variety of technology and tools both in and out of the classroom.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history check prior to employment.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Competence to teach a variety of courses within your discipline.
- Professional and courteous interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Dynamic, non-traditional delivery methods to teach students of varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles.
- Experience using computers as an instructional aid in and out of the classroom to enhance learning.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Excellent customer service skills; including establishing, building, and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application form.
- Cover letter and resume. In your cover letter indicate how your background and experience meets the qualifications for this position.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended. Official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate) .
- Syllabus/Outline of course applying to teach.
Terms of Employment
This is a part time volunteer position. The class schedule will depend on student schedules and needs. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the department. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466 (see application details)
Benefits not applicable.
|apply nowapply now|