Clinical Education Coordinator/Instructor, Surgical Technology Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Minneapolis - 89 views
The Faculty and Clinical Coordinator role is responsible for student clinical education experiences, clinical site placements, and student evaluations both online and at clinical sites. The role works with site Clinical Instructor regarding student progress and supervision and conducts site visits, student evaluation, and review of surgical cases with students at least once per quarter. In addition, this role is responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen University.
- Responsible for student clinical education experiences, clinical site placements, and student evaluations both online and at the clinical sites.
- Works with site Clinical Instructor regarding student progress and supervision
- Conducts site visits, student evaluation, and review of surgical cases with students at least once per quarter
Responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen University.
Faculty expectations include:
- Professionalism: Model professional behavior and communication for students including exhibiting appropriate behavior, language, demeanor, and dress at all times. Collaborate with student support personnel providing academic and professional guidance for students
- Use of Technology: Research and utilize digital content in courses to connect students to more resources. Adhere to Adjunct Faculty Expectations established by the University. Utilize online grade books and communication techniques to further engage students in their own learning; use online database tools for communicating with campus personnel and documenting necessary information
- Content Expertise: Facilitate highly effective and engaging learning environments in various teaching modalities including residential, online, FLEX and FLAT, meeting the diverse needs of learners. Creates and maintains course materials in compliance with University and regulatory requirements. Assess student learning, provide feedback and support, and refer student for additional support when necessary
- Professional Development and In-Service Training: Participate in community service and University In-Service Training Programs and meetings. Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities including webinars, seminars and conferences in field of study. Develop, review and adhere to academic policies and procedures for the University. Actively participate in advisory boards, student organizations and system committees. Create, implement and evaluate annual professional development plan
The Surgical Technologist Program Clinical Coordinator will report to an Academic Dean.
This role is assigned 4.5-5.5 work units per academic quarter.
- 3+ years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role, or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past 5 years.
- CST or CST/CSFA
- Associate Degree required; Bachelors Degree in field of instruction or equivalent in the occupational field preferred. Note, Rasmussen University follows the requirements set by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, and the states in which the campuses operate.
- Must be able to provide professional licenses/certifications and official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers.
- Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills in the English language.
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit (please use the apply button below).
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee's differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
If you are a passionate and motivated individual who is interested in a dynamic, team-oriented culture, please take a look at our current openings. Positions are available at our campuses in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, Kansas and Wisconsin, as well as at our central offices in Chicago, Orlando and the Twin Cities.