Cleaner Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates HND / BA / BSc Job7 months ago - Cleaning / Janitorial Services Jobs - Lagos - 329 views
Job Title: Cleaner Supervisor
- The primary responsibility of the Cleaner Supervisor is to ensure effective delivery of cleaning services across the various operations and the day to day management of a team of cleaners, in a manner that is in line with excellent service delivery.
Provide cleaning services:
- In conjunction with the Environmental Specialist, the Cleaner Supervisor ensures the fair distribution of duties, which may include redeploying cleaning staff where necessary.
- They ensure cleaning staff are familiar with the correct use of all cleaning equipment and materials.
- These individuals promote Health and Safety within the team and raise awareness amongst all staff of appropriate Health and Safety regulations.
- They monitor, check and order stock including chemicals and cleaning equipment.
Provide regular communication and feedback:
- The Cleaner Supervisor conducts regular meetings with cleaning staff in line with the agenda set by the Environmental Specialist.
- They ensure regular feedback is given to cleaning staff with regards to rosters, action plans that have been set.
- These individuals ensure all relevant business communications is shared with the cleaning staff as and when required.
- They adhere to the organization and department standard processes and procedures to provide a high level, speedy resolution of issues.
- Cleaner Supervisors sign off cleaning staff timesheets on a weekly basis when required.
- They ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
- The Cleaner Supervisor manages the performance of employees reporting to them and provides them with the required coaching and training to be effective in their job and ensure quality of delivery meets the appropriate standards.
- They measure and manage the team to ensure out-of-line situations are immediately addressed.
- The Cleaner Supervisor monitors and completes accurate registration of attendances and the rescheduling of cleaning staff to cover absences.
- They ensure that all Human Resources policies and procedures are observed.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the fair distribution of duties to cleaning staff and redeploy staff where required.
- Ensure adequate stock levels and the correct use of all cleaning equipment and materials.
- Provide regular feedback and communication to staff.
- Report and document any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
- Provide coaching and training to staff to ensure quality of delivery meets the appropriate standards.
- 2 - 3 years’ working experience.
- At least 2 years’ working in the cleaning industry.
- High School Certification.
Key skills and competencies:
- Demonstrate good knowledge of Health, Safety and Security requirements.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Display a good understanding of the various types of equipment and chemicals.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Demonstrate resilience.
- Demonstrate technical expertise.
- Possess a customer service aptitude.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate good planning and organization ability.
- The Cleaner Supervisor has a proactive approach, pays attention to detail and has good verbal and written communication skills.
- They demonstrate technical expertise and a customer service aptitude.
- These individuals demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and can manage assigned job processes.
- They are well organized individuals displaying a good understanding of the Health, Safety and Security requirements.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.