Chief Operating Officer - Heal the Bay Master's Degree Job8 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Santa Monica - 188 views
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a key position at Heal the Bay, and we are seeking a leader who is passionate about maintaining and growing a healthy organization. The COO reports to the CEO and is responsible for the legal and operational viability of Heal the Bay. S/he is the champion for all operations of Heal the Bay and takes a comprehensive view of the entire organization. S/he understands our organizational structure, budgets, programs, and activities and ensures we have the appropriate infrastructure to support our work. S/he manages human resources, IT, insurance, data team, facilities, contracts and leases at all HTB locations. S/he promotes a culture of accountability, quality and continuous improvement. The COO must be detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent communication skills and follow-through.
We strongly encourage applications from individuals that reflect the diversity of Los Angeles County, including but not limited to PoC, LGBTQIA and other traditionally underrepresented persons within the environmental movement.
· Works closely with CFO and department directors to direct fiscal management, including: budgeting, payroll, board finance committee
· Work closely with grants team on expenditure planning and reconciliation
· Support Aquarium expansion project in partnership with Aquarium Director and CEO, including business plan development, contract review, participate in expansion advisory committee
· Support strategic investment policy plan development and implementation
· Oversee facilities, leases, contracts and IT systems at both facilities
· Represent HTB to landlords and other vendors.
· Oversee vehicle use, maintenance, insurance, and related policies
· Monitor applicable government regulations and ensure compliance.
· Work closely with the Director and Operations Manager of the Heal the Bay Aquarium to ensure maintained facilities and infrastructure and provide a safe and high-quality environment for animals, staff and visitors to the Aquarium.
· Managing software system contracts, including: Replicon, Zoho Expense, Salesforce
· Draft and submit the Worksite Emissions Reduction Transportation Plan to the City of Santa Monica annually.
· Oversee organization insurance policy and provider
· Oversee health benefits package and provider
· Develop process to monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation
· Work with directors to ensure staff professional development and career planning.
· Participate in strategic planning, events, campaign plans.
· Ability to promote an organizational culture of equity and inclusion;
· Manage hiring and onboarding; training staff; planning staff enrichments; coordinating annual review process; and terminating staff;
· Administering employee benefits to staff including retirement, health, mobile device and transportation;
· Developing and implementing organizational policies including diversity, worker safety, and others.
The COO will have a minimum of 8 years in nonprofit management
Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with health, dental, vision and vacation benefits. Participation in some weekend and evening events are necessary.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus
How to Apply
How to apply: Please apply online at www.healthebay.org/jobs
No phone calls or drop ins please.
Heal the Bay is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
1444 9th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401