Chief Financial Officer - NAF Master's Degree Job8 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - New York City - 290 views
The Chief Financial Officer provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that NAF has the proper financial controls and reporting procedures and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength, efficiency and sustainability. Guided by the objectives of the company, the CFO accomplishes this through oversight of the Finance team.
The CFO must be highly numerate with an ability to create, manage, interpret, and present financial analysis, forecasting and resource management. This role must have the ability to oversee short-, medium-, and long-term budgetary planning and cost management, as well as monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally in alignment with NAF’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversight of the Finance Department staff.
· Financial management including accounting and finance services, asset protection, federal, state and local compliance, and overall risk management.
· Recommending to Senior Leadership improvements around spending practices, maintaining adequate reserves and investment strategies.
· Development of budget strategies, financial forecasts, and growth plans; generating timely and useful financial reports for management and appropriate staff throughout the organization.
· Monitoring the financial health of the organization, including investment strategies, working in lockstep with the Advancement team; overall management of grants and their financial implications.
· Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Operations and/or related work
· MBA preferred
· CPA preferred
· 15+ years of progressively responsible Finance experience including work in a Senior Management role
· Previous oversight of an annual budget of a least $15 million
· 7+ years’ experience supervising Finance Department staff
· Experience in a multistate/national organization a plus
· Experience as a CFO of a nonprofit organization a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Strong accounting, audit, financial management and financial analysis skills
· Strong working knowledge of financial, accounting, cash flow, donor, grant budgeting and investment management
· Commitment to learning and continuous improvement combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and capacity.
· Strategic thinker with operating credibility and proven track record of working with a mobile, multi-site staff.
· Commitment and experience to using research and evaluation for data-driven decision-making.
· Superior communication skills, oral and written, and ability to understand the needs of diverse audiences and the capacity to establish and strengthen partnerships and collaborations.
· Proven track record of leading diverse, multi-focused staff and of mediating among competing priorities to maximize alignment with the strategic agenda and resource realities of the organization.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title, your first name and last name in the subject line.