Chief Development Officer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - New York City - 96 views
Publicolor seeks a strategic and high-energy development professional to work closely with the Founder and President, the SVP/CFO, staff, and board to develop a comprehensive fundraising plan with a focus on individual giving plan to increase revenue for the organization. With a current approximate budget of $4 million and with 30 full and part-time staff, Publicolor is seeking to grow its programs and revenues so that it can serve a broader group of students.
The Chief Development Officer will bring direct experience and demonstrated success in raising individual gifts, a passion for educational equity, and possess an interest in art and design and how the visual arts can make a difference in people’s lives. Candidates must have direct experience working with New York City donors, particularly high net worth individuals. The ideal candidate will have the desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and be comfortable in an organization that directly serves a population of students ages 14 to 24.
President + Founder Ruth Lande Shuman
- Work closely and collaboratively with Founder/President, Senior Vice President for Finance, and the board to develop and implement a strategic plan to enhance and increase individual giving and high-level volunteer participation.
- Manage a staff of four that includes Director of Institutional Giving, Director of Government Relations, Writer, and Database Manager. Provide leadership in all Publicolor’s fundraising and inspire staff accountability to ensure department operates efficiently.
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of key prospects through face-to- face visits, site visits, events, and other means. This includes, but not limited to, annual giving, peer to peer giving, digital/online campaigns, planned/legacy and major individual giving.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President for Finance to plan and prepare the development fundraising budget to maximize resources using best practices in the field. Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Assures sound fiscal operation of development function including timely, accurate and comprehensive reporting on philanthropic contributions.
- Ensure excellence in all development communications including the writing, review, editing, and production of online and printed materials related to individual giving.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all Publicolor staff to ensure collaborative relationships between individual giving and all aspects of Publicolor’s operations.
- Manage and oversee donor database and prospect research, including actively working to increase the acquisition of donors, wealth screening, and segmenting information to advance individual giving.
- Work with leadership to develop a strategic funding plan to broaden Publicolor’s outreach to a national audience.
- Seven to ten years of direct experience in philanthropic fundraising, specific and proven success with individual major giving required, ability to thrive on setting and scaling ambitious fundraising goals through collaboration in strategic and creative decision making with senior leadership.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all areas of nonprofit development, including major gifts, individual, planned, and annual giving, special events, donor acquisition, on-line and digital, and peer to peer fundraising.
- Deep knowledge of the philanthropic landscape in New York, particularly high net worth individuals in the financial services sector. Experience managing and growing a nonprofit, philanthropic board is highly desired.
- Excellent written, verbal, editing, and people skills. Must be able to speak and write credibly and convincingly about Publicolor’s programs, and possess the ability to articulate the organization’s mission, programs, and its uniqueness in a creative, compelling, and effective manner. Passion is a plus.
- A sincere and genuine interest in how Publicolor’s design-based programs can work to advance economic, educational, and social equity.
- Preferred experience in using DonorPerfect, Microsoft Office, wealth screening software, and data segmentation. Demonstrated experience optimizing databases to meet fundraising goals.
- Friendly and collegial people skills, comfortable and willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to handle confidential and privileged information with discretion.
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Send Nominations or Cover Letter and Resume to:
Carmel Napolitano Vice President