Chief Development Officer - Breast Cancer Research Foundation Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - New York City - 104 views
Reporting to the President & CEO, the CDO serves as a member of BCRF’s Senior Leadership Team and works in collaboration with the CEO, key Board members and staff to devise and execute an integrated fundraising strategy designed to grow philanthropic revenue (current target $30M to $40M) to support a robust research portfolio and to continuously broaden and diversify the Foundation’s funding base. The CDO also works closely with the Nominating and Development Committees of the Board of Directors on various fundraising and board development initiatives.
The CDO is an inspirational leader of a 22-person Development and Events (D&E) team, which encompasses major gifts, individual and planned giving, cultivation and fundraising events, board relations, and database & donor services. The D&E team works in close partnership across the Foundation to secure the critical funds to support BCRF’s world-renowned breast cancer researchers, currently numbering 275 in 15 countries.
In success, the CDO expands and diversifies BCRF’s base of support, deepens relationships with donors, drives revenue growth above industry benchmarks, inspires giving from the BCRF Board, Advisory Board and other key volunteers/donors, and leads and motivates a dedicated team, and contributes to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
Reports to the President & CEO
Additional Key Relationships:
- Board of Directors
- Advisory Board
- Scientific Advisory Board
BCRF Senior Leadership
- President & CEO
- Chief Scientific Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Communications & Engagement Officer
- Executive Director, Play for P.I.N.K.
Current Top Line Leaders to the CDO
(future structure to be co-developed with the incumbent)
- Philanthropy & Major Gifts, Senior Director
- Board Relations & Major Gifts, Managing Director
- Development & Signature Events, Managing Director
- Development & Regional Events, Managing Director
- Database & Donor Relations, Director
- Overall vision, strategies, and implementation for fundraising
- Board relations and development
- Major gifts, planned giving, principal gifts
- Donor stewardship and relationship management
- Database and donor relations
- Liaison to The Pink Agenda
- Team leadership
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience leading a development and/or advancement department for a nonprofit, healthcare, or institution of similar complexity with multiple stakeholders. Fundraising experience in the New York City philanthropic market is strongly preferred. They will also bring:
- A passion and commitment to BCRF’s mission; substantial experience on issues relevant to the organization, including philanthropy, cancer research, and non-profit management.
- Extensive senior strategic leadership experience in the management of organizations of a similar size and mission, and interacting with diverse constituencies and boards.
- Experience in the event production and fundraising spectrum, including prospect identification, sponsorship proposal creation and donor stewardship.
- Demonstrable record of securing 6-8 figure gifts. Capital campaign experience a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree (and a master’s degree is preferred).
The successful candidate has a strong track record of collaboration and an unwavering commitment and accountability to a team, peers, and organizations. They will also demonstrate:
- Excellent coalition-building skills with an ability to write and communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus among differing opinions and perspectives.
- A practical ability to get things done; the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems.
- Wisdom and good judgment; organizational savvy; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills to enable sound decision-making.
- The intellectual flexibility and managerial courage to shift direction and bring others along.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and experience as a compelling spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser.
- Strong commitment to establishing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and to developing and retaining talent.
Salary commensurate with experience and a very rich benefits package including generous paid time off.
Location and Travel
- Based inBCRF’s sole office in New York.
- Requires some travel throughout the year for fundraising and cultivation events, as well as donor meetings in cities such as Palm Beach, Boston, Los Angeles, and the tri-state area.
- Due to Covid-19, BCRF has been working remotely since March 2020 and will continue to monitor all relevant guidance before returning to the workplace (no earlier than July 6, 2021).
- Significant work on a computer, requiring repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting.
- Nonprofit technology programs and donor CRM systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Please email your customized cover letter, resume, and comp expectations to CDO@BCRF.org with this subject line: CDO Candidate: [Last Name, First Name].
Only those candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted, and all correspondence will be held in the strictest of confidence.
BCRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
BCRF has an anti-racist policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Alliance.
Thank you for your interest in BCRF.
We look forward to being in touch.
Breast Cancer Research Foundation