Chemistry Professor - Adjunct Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Tacoma - 13 views
This position is responsible for preparing and teaching courses in chemistry and corresponding labs at Tacoma Community College. This position reports directly to the Dean for Math, Science and Engineering.
- Prepare and teach courses in introductory chemistry including both organic and inorganic chemistry in a classroom environment. (Tacoma does not offer online classes in this subject area.)
- Successfully teach students with no prior chemistry background.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching at a community college and/or the freshman & sophomore levels.
Conditions Of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
- Commitments to establishing and maintaining a safe laboratory environment for students.
- Professional and courteous interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Dynamic, non-traditional delivery methods to teach students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles.
- Effective listening and customer service skills when working with others.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Excellent customer service skills; including establishing, building, and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ethics and integrity.
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following: (Packages received that do not contain all of these materials may not be considered by the screening committee.)
- Tacoma Community College application form.
- Cover letter and resume. In your cover letter indicate how your background and experience meets the qualifications for this position.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended
Terms Of Employment
This is a part-time faculty position contracted on a quarterly basis. Classes assigned to the successful candidate may be on campus, hybrid online, or fully online with an online learning management system (Canvas) component for some class materials. The salary for the 2019/2020 academic year is $862.93 per credit, which includes scheduled class time and final exam days, as well as time for class preparation, weekly office hours, and grading tasks in accordance with the Faculty Negotiated Agreement. A collective bargaining agreement exists, and membership in the TCC Federation of Teachers or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details)
Benefits not applicable.
|apply nowapply now|