Cashier Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 240 views
JOB TITLE: Restaurant Cashier
DIVISION: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
LOCATION: Village and mountain restaurants
CLASSIFICATION: full-time, part-time seasonal
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Food and Beverage Cashier is responsible for entering all purchases into P.O.S and collect proper payment for purchases.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Ski privileges within the Wasatch range to eligible employees
- Free breakfast to all employees
- Paid Time Off policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, food, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Transportation benefits
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Comfortable working alone
- Must be 21 or older
- Must be able to lift 30lbs multiple times
- Obtain a valid food handlers and alcohol service certificate within 30 days of employment
- Work with a team to complete assigned tasks
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for taking money in the form of cash, check, or credit card from patrons in exchange for food or services
- Scans items, provides change, balances drawer, and processes card transactions
- Scan items and ensure pricing is correct
- Greet customers and ask if they want paper or plastic
- Deliver hot or cold food to customers
- Take coupons and scan correctly
- Dispense correct change
- Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check
- Ask for ID to confirm identity and that they are over 21 years of age if purchasing alcohol
- Issue receipts, refunds, and credits
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Change receipt paper as needed
- Resolve amount discrepancies
- Clean up checkout area with damp cloth and disinfectant
- Answer customers' questions and get a manager if answer doesn't solve the issue
- Follow company policy and procedures as set forth in the handbook
Our Grooming Standards help our staff maintain an appearance consistent with Solitude Mountain Resort's image and the expectations of our guests. Please review our grooming standards prior to submitting an application.
(please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|
Not only does our commitment to this philosophy keep our guests returning year after year, but our staff members as well. It is our desire that staff members enjoy their work, while also taking the time to enjoy the great activities available in our breathtaking, natural environment. We like to have fun while providing world-class guest service and memorable experiences to our guests and each other.