Cash Accountant Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Denton - 109 views
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; its being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denvers RiNo Art District neighborhood
This position is responsible for Cash, Payroll, and Fixed asset accounting functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Cash Accounting responsibilities include reviewing, analyzing, reconciling and researchingbank accounts and credit card transactions for all Alterra Mountain Company companies.
- Payroll Accounting responsibilities include posting and reconciling the labor and payrollinterface files, reconciling specific payroll balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions, completion of accountreconciliations and internal controls.
- On a timely and routine basis, prepare balance sheet account reconciliations including cashaccounts, credit card accounts, payroll, tax, benefit, and lodging accounts in accordancewith company standards with sufficient detail to substantiate trial balance accounts to an externalauditor with adequate documentation.
- Research and resolve issues related to reconciliations and outstanding issues on assignedaccounts on a daily, weekly, monthly, and as needed basis.
- Maintain general ledger integrity for all cash and payroll accounts by ensuring all bankfees, credit card fees, over/shorts, etc. are booked on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close process for cash.
- Collect daily bank files from financial institutions.
- Reconcile and post daily payroll and weekly labor upload files from payroll system into JDE.
- Highlight and explain non-routine cash transactions and significant variances to Financedepartment management.
- Prepare and process general ledger transactions according to Alterra Mountain Company policies andprocedures.
- Primary point of contact for assigned resorts for any labor and benefit related questions.
- Provide additional monthly management reporting as needed.
- Respond to resort and internal customer inquiries.
- Understand the flow of information through the payroll and general ledger systems.
- Assist with the ongoing effort to streamline the cash management process.
- Initiate Wire and ACH payments as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- D365 experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of US GAAP required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (vlookup, sumif, index match, pivot tables, etc.)
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Able to interact effectively with individuals atall levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Organized in tasks. Excellent follow through and timely response to all inquiries.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and adjust to constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Ability to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and accuracy in a fast paced,growth environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Supportive of other team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
2+ years of accounting experience, specifically complex bank reconciliations
Experience using multiple accounting and other software applications such as JDE and D365
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $45,000 - $68,000 per year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is at will meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.