Case Work Officer at Terre des hommes (Tdh) HND / BA / BSc Job1 month ago - Other categories - Maiduguri - 192 views
Job Title: Case Work Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Description of the position
- The purpose of the position is to support the most vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women through provision of safe and confidential case management services implemented in accordance with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines.
- The post holder will be in charge of implementing case management activities in Maiduguri project locations ensuring high-quality case management service delivery.
- The job location depends on assignment and might change based on project’s evolving needs.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide individual tailored comprehensive Child Protection Case Management Services to Unaccompanied, Separated and Vulnerable Children as per the Case Management Standard Operating Procedures.
- Receive and provide referral services for specialized case management services.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the information collected during the case management services and input the information on digital platforms.
- Establish harmonious working environment with wide range of stakeholders more specifically, children, beneficiaries, service providers, community leaders, religious leaders, local government authorities.
- Raise the profile of case management services in the project area by training volunteers and raising awareness in the community.
- Support the establishment and strengthen of Community Based Child Protection mechanisms.
- Make strong efforts for the sustainability of the Community Based Child Protection Mechanisms by linking them to government structures and long term programs/projects.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Human Rights, or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Child Protection / Case Manaegemnt / SGBV / Social work.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of child protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills / Previous experience in child protection case management is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.