Career Foundation Program (CFP) - Procurement in Smithfield, Virginia | Careers at (Corporate) Smithfield, VA - Corporate Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 95 views
As a Procurement CFP Associate you will experience the key fundamentals of Packaging Engineering, Strategic Analysis and Tactical Support. Through sourcing projects, understanding RDP data management, spend reporting, and category management support Procurement CFPs will gain a deeper understanding of the industry and Smithfield Foods.
- Evaluate, lead, implement and manage suppliers and cost saving initiatives for inventory and non-inventory materials.
- Design and execute packaging technology strategies from concept to commercialization, including growth initiatives, quality improvements, productivity/cost-reduction activities, troubleshooting activities and general packaging support as needed.
- Understand, interpret and refine package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages and packaging technology. Provide meaningful explanations and forward actions to appropriate Division/Subsidiary personnel.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external resources in order to cost effectively implement packaging initiatives.
- Leverage best practices and capitalize on technologies with cross-functional, cross-site business applications.
- Promote innovative thinking to generate unique and value-added packaging ideas for existing or new products.
- Develop and maintain packaging specifications.
- Supplier Research & Outreach: Informs current suppliers about upcoming bids (e.g., e-mail letter and / or direct contact). Starts supplier outreach (both current and new suppliers); submits list of potentially interested new suppliers and RFI for approval; manages the signoff list of potential suppliers for participation and RFI; Sends RFI request to targeted suppliers.
- RFQ Development & Publication: Sends 1st RFQ (Request for Quotation) Draft and Lotting Structure to team for feedback on RFQ Draft; Finalizes RFQ
- Qualifying Round: Runs Qualifying Round and RFI Submitted by Suppliers; Finalizes Negotiation Strategy and Supplier Participation
- RFQ Update: Publishes RFQ Updates, if required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college/university.
- Be able to relocate one to two times during rotation.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time from remote locations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Travel up to 15-25% of time. Periodic overnight travel required.
- Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.