Career Foundation Program (CFP) 2021 - Supply Chain in Smithfield, Virginia | Careers at (Corporate) Smithfield, VA - Corporate Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 157 views
- Decide finished goods needed to support customer orders, forecasted demand & inventory stocking requirements From the Consensus Demand Plan
- Establish reorder quantities for finished goods, while considering supply lead time, warehouse and transportation constraints.
- Actively interact with demand management, manufacturing, quality, warehousing & transportation to solve finished goods issues & consumption patterns.
- Measure, analyze, and report key process metrics, while monitoring adherence to key performance indicators (KPI) that are assigned to the assigned product categories.
- Identify possible material shortages against inventory plans and develop action items.
- Responsible for long-term capacity status, weekly category KPI updates, product shortage reporting & ad-hoc daily information flow amongst supply. planning partners (Demand Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Business Management).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college/university.
- Be able to relocate one to two times during rotation.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time from remote locations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Travel up to 15-25% of time. Periodic overnight travel required.
- Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.