Campus Security Officer - Applicant Pool Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Tacoma - 114 views
Perform general duty security work including the enforcement of laws and ordinances, maintain order, prevent and investigate crime and protect the health and safety of the campus community. This position works under the supervision of the Campus Security Supervisor.
*This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.
- Use exceptional customer service skills in all interactions with students, staff, faculty and visitors of the college.
- Patrol campus buildings, grounds and parking lots on foot, by bicycle or by vehicle to identify unauthorized use of buildings, equipment or facilities and/or criminal activity, atypical activities or other irregularities. Take appropriate action to correct on-campus situations that could reasonably be considered detrimental or harmful to persons or property.
- Investigate complaints of disturbance, accidents, infractions and criminal activity occurring on campus and undertake appropriate action or response.
- Lock and unlock campus facilities. Maintain lock and unlock schedule for the Security department. Activate and deactivate monitored intrusion detection systems.
- Write complex reports documenting actions and maintain accurate records.
- Respond to requests for first aid and support. Assess the situation and provide limited first aid support as authorized. Request support services such as ambulance, paramedics, fire, etc. Provide lifesaving care using an Automated Electronic Defibrillator.
- Issue citations for violations of campus parking and traffic regulations. Perform traffic control measures as required.
- Assist in providing emergency notifications to staff, faculty and students. Assist city, county, state or federal law enforcement personnel to extent possible within the limits of Campus Security Officers' authority and the law.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participate in department training.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Two years full-time college education in police science or closely related field; -OR- two years full-time experience in police, security, military or campus security.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Possess a current, valid, unrestricted driver's license.
- Must possess a clean driving record with no major violations.
- Possess current CPR & First Aid Certification which includes training on the Automated Electronic Defibrillator or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative, and stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Ethics, integrity and sound judgement.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to accurately convey detailed and complex information.
- Possess computer competencies and ability to learn new systems with ease.
- Effective communication skills to present clear, timely, factual reports both orally and in writing.
- Effectively handling highly stressful or adverse situations, making good decisions, and working calmly and accurately to calm others.
- Move with sufficient physical fitness to perform all security functions (e.g., take cover quickly, pursue, detain, tackle and control a fleeing suspect, etc.).
- Physically control persons, including those resisting, by using appropriate and necessary force.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of standing/walking and running for extended periods of time outdoors and across a variety of terrain in inclement and/or hot weather. Must be capable of running and physically capable of defending self and others
Application Material & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume & Cover Letter.
Terms of Employment
This is an hourly position scheduled to work up to 17 hours per week. Hours worked may occur at either Tacoma Community College campus (Main and Gig Harbor). Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department, this position will have evening shifts. The pay rate is $17.00 per hour. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details)
Benefits not applicable.
|apply nowapply now|