Campaigns Associate - Food Empowerment Project Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - California City - 103 views
Food Empowerment Project (F.E.P.) is looking for a full-time Campaigns Associate (CA) to join our small but growing team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about veganism, food access, and other justice issues. The CA will work closely with the entire F.E.P. team to advance the organization’s campaigns on veganism and access to healthy foods. The CA is a core member of the team and will coordinate and implement current and new campaigns that align with F.E.P.’s mission and support the organization’s goal of creating a more just and sustainable world by recognizing the power of one’s food choices. The CA will conduct research for campaigns, generate printed and online reports based on that research, advocate for better access to healthy vegan foods, and facilitate policy changes to create a more equitable world. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, efficient, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks at once. There is tremendous room for growth, and the ideal candidate should be willing and able to pitch in to help our expanding organization.
The position reports to F.E.P.’s Executive Director.
- Provide campaign support across two of our four core program areas (veganism and access to healthy foods).
- Develop plans to win campaigns using research, advocacy, coalition-building, media attention, and grassroots advocacy and mobilization. Plans should employ well-honed campaign methodology and carry out tactics that may include but are not limited to in-person demonstrations, corporate lobbying, and policy/legislative advocacy.
- Research and write reports, online content, flyers and outreach materials, and other content to support campaigns.
- Work closely with F.E.P.’s Founder and Executive Director to create campaign strategies and develop and maintain campaign budgets.
Coordinate the F.E.P. volunteer program, including:
- Recruiting, maintaining, and supervising new and current volunteers.
- Corresponding with local, national, and international volunteers.
- Keeping track of volunteers and assigned tasks, prioritization, deadlines, and helping volunteers with these.
- Represent F.E.P. in public settings to spread awareness of our campaigns.
- Coordinate in-person events (when it is safe to do so) and demonstrations by working closely with affected communities and individuals to mobilize them to call for action.
- Coordinate logistics for annual, ongoing campaigns such as the Vallejo Healthy Food Festival, Fight for the Ocean Day events, etc.
- Work collaboratively and consistently with the F.E.P. team to define campaign-specific strategic priorities, make decisions about unanticipated opportunities, and manage goals.
- Provide social media coverage for the Communications & Marketing Manager.
- At least two years’ experience in working on campaigns, preferably at a nonprofit.
- Some volunteer management experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and stellar research and writing skills.
- Experience with social media.
- Ability to make presentations on behalf of F.E.P. to stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Can work independently, be self-motivated, and dependable with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized with excellent time-management skills, strong attention to detail, and timely follow-up.
- Can handle a significant volume of time-sensitive work without sacrificing quality/accuracy.
- Demonstrable leadership and planning skills.
- Able to remain calm and maintain self-control/composure amid difficult circumstances and emergencies.
- Able to self-prioritize tasks based on understanding the organization’s short-term and long-term needs.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Solicits feedback and self-corrects based on feedback received.
- Sees the big picture and suggests process efficiencies for the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel); working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp), and Dropbox, Google Drive, or other information management systems. Willingness to learn—and become skilled at—other technology platforms as needed.
- Understands F.E.P.’s mission and philosophy and can professionally advocate on behalf of the organization.
- Understands the vegan, animal rights, and animal liberation movement.
- Embodies and promotes F.E.P. culture and values internally and externally.
- Some humane education experience, preferably for school-age children.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Starting annual salary: $45,000–$50,000 USD.
Benefits: Health care reimbursement for medical, dental, and vision premiums; paid vacation time of 3 weeks per year and increasing accrual based on tenure with the organization; and a professional development budget.
Job Location: Ideally, the candidate would be located within regular commuting distance of San José, CA, U.S. We are willing to consider a remote working arrangement for exceptional candidates. No relocation assistance is available.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Our goal is to fill the position by early 2021.
Application Process: Please send us your resume highlighting relevant experience and skills and a 1-page statement of interest, including a self-assessment of your strengths and weaknesses as they directly relate to this position. Please email your materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Campaigns Associate.”
People of color, women and non-binary folks, immigrants, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Food Empowerment Project