California Regional Health Services Consultant Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - California - 129 views
The Regional Health Services Consultant (RHSC) is responsible for providing leadership and support to the Health Service Directors (HSD) in the Aegis Living California communities utilizing the resident care systems, policies, and procedures. The RHSC will have direct impact on the success of their facilities and staff. Strong candidates are devoted to educating on best practices, have an in-depth understanding of local, state, and federal regulations, and are passionate about providing exceptional care to the residents they serve.
BENEFITS: Rewarding the People Behind Our Success
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/matching 401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path.
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
Aegis Living is the luxury provider of Assisted Living and memory care that has a strong presence and an outstanding reputation in the Senior Living industry. We have 32 West Coast Communities, 2300 amazing residents and 2100 service-focused employees.
The following principal accountabilities are essential functions to the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions, with or without requested accommodation:
- Serve as the Health Services Consultant/Regional Nurse CA Regulation Expert. Responsible for the licensing regulations and identifies citable situations providing guidance to the HSD on corrections and resolutions.
- Make frequent visits to the CA Communities to meet with the HSD, assess the community utilization of the resident care systems and assist the HSD with planning and corrections of all potential issues.
- Do assessments, documentation, communication, and chart audit reviews to assist GMs and community nurses as needed. Recommends, problem solves and implements systems to support needed processes as identified.
- Monitor the Assessment/Service plan process to ensure in an accurate and timely manner, and that each resident has a current and accurate service plan.
- Assist with follow up investigations as needed in coordination with the VP of Regulatory affairs on unusual occurrences related to resident care, medications, or health services if there is a significant event.
- Review licensing deficiencies related to health services. Assists the CA communities in developing and (as needed) implementing Plans of Correction.
- Assist in the recruitment of and interview candidates for the communities' nursing positions by providing input to the General Manager to assist in the selection. Coordinate coverage for Community HSD vacancies as needed.
- Organize orientation schedule for each new Health Services Director. Provide updated Aegis orientation material for guidance.
- Organize and conduct routine HSD workshops in coordination with the rest of the Regional Health Care Team.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance process. Conduct QC visits in CA as scheduled.
- Oversee floating nurses on the health services team that assist with regional support.
What you'll need to excel at this job:
- Current and valid state approved Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience delivering quality care in a primary care or other preventive care environment to include at least one year of charge nurse, nursing supervisor or other team leadership experience.
- Experience in geriatric nursing or gerontology, including education in the aging process, memory decline and related behavior management highly preferred.
- Expertise in most up-to-date safety and infection control practices.
- Experience building and leading effective nursing teams including hiring, training and development.
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills in Microsoft Office suite and other software applications including electronic medical records.
- Proven aptitude for cross-functional collaboration ensuring successful outcomes for all parties.
- Must meet all health requirements, including acceptable results on TB screen and state requirements on criminal background check.