Business Architect Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Chesterfield - 134 views
RGA Empowers Employees. It's one thing to hire smart people, it's another to empower them. This is one of the most important differences between RGA and its competitors. RGA empowers its employees to use their intelligence and creativity to find solutions for its customers. To be proactive in their approach to bringing value to our customers.
The Business Architect, under limited supervision, will work with Valuation management and staff (locally and with local international offices) in designing and implementing an end-to-end operating model delivering value aligned with corporate strategies. Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. Valuation, Operations, Finance) to define standards and to enable advancement and integration of RGA processes and systems. Ensure data integrity and processes within the Valuation platform and with areas outside Valuation and minimize the disruptions to the actuarial reporting process.
- Implement change initiatives that are prioritized according to the business strategies.
- Deliver enhanced business values through an effective stakeholder engagement and organizational change management.
- Work with Valuation associates globally to support the adoption of enhanced business processes and system capabilities.
- Develop advanced understanding of RGA's Valuation processes, data, and systems within and outside Valuation and ensure the end-to-end integration.
- Actively define and promote best practices and standardized business processes, mastered data, governance, and controls outside and within the Valuation function.
- Actively lead the cross-functional efforts and provide constructive feedback to ensure that the management strategies are properly incorporated into the overall architecture.
- Engaged IT resources to ensure business requirements are met and implement the proper technical solutions aligned with the business strategies.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- 3-5 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, etc.
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Actuarial science background
- LOMA certifications
- Scrum/agile framework experience
- Knowledge of change management
- Working knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau
- 5-7 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart domain knowledge and complex information.
- Advanced level of skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Advanced ability to collaborate and liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into implementable specifications and support the implementation of technical and business solutions.
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills.
- Advanced level of investigative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Excel, Word, and SQL/Query skills.
- Advanced ability to recognize and articulate the process improvement opportunities and the capability gaps.
- Intermediate ability to set goals and manage multiple assigned tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours with users in different time zones.
- Hands-on knowledge of program management and software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- General business knowledge.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global life and health reinsurance companies. With operations in 26 countries, we support our clients and partners around the world with innovative approaches and customized solutions. What do you think? Better yet, how do you think? Have we piqued your curiosity? Consider a career with RGA. It's the logical choice.
|apply nowapply now|
Smart people work smarter when they are empowered – when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA has built a business and engaged a workforce inspired to transform the insurance industry.