Business Analyst - Suretree Systems Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - Lagos - 367 views
Duties & Responsibilities
- Document “as-is” status at the commencement of any software development cycle
- Serve as the primary point of reference in data gathering for functional and design specifications.
- Document the gap between the “as-is” status and the functional requirements
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure a full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artefacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Working with users to formulate and document business requirements
- Identifying, investigating, and analyzing business processes, procedures and work practices
- Identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
- Using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
- Taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
- Creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
- Developing functional specifications for use by system developers
- Using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- Acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision-making process
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Provision of inputs to the elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities and ensures that business needs drive IT solutions related to corporate resource management.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming a project team; establishing a project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- 5 - 10 years work experience.
- Proven work experience
- An analytical mind
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience strongly preferred
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail-oriented,analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail, a head for problem-solving. and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind.
Skill Set Required:
- Software Design
- Software Maintenance
- Process Improvement
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience
- Big Picture Thinking
- Work Well Under Pressure.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Suretree engages with companies as a strategic partner, guiding their digital transformation and supporting them with systems and capabilities required to address the preferences of policyholders, transform core business processes to improve operational efficiency, facilitate new business model implementation and add incremental value throughout the value chain with data-driven insights.