Business Analyst - National Wildlife Federation Headquarters Master's Degree Job1 month ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Reston - 69 views
To support our mission, we seek a highly motivated Business Analyst, Membership Marketing, to join our team in Reston, VA. In this role you will analyze and interpret constituent and campaign data to assess revenue potential, evaluate overall performance and effectiveness, and extract insights to inform fundraising and engagement strategies. You will develop a deep understanding of the Federation’s members and supporters, leverage that knowledge to identify opportunities to improve the Member experience, and support the operationalization of these insights in collaboration with professional staff across Philanthropy.
You will be responsible for coordinating direct marketing analyses for the division, including the Membership, Midlevel, Major Gift, and Gift Planning programs. You will primarily focus on Membership programs and will also assist in budget creation and re-projections, assessment for fundraising efforts, and engagement strategies as donors mature within the organization and enhance their investments in the Federation’s mission to protect wildlife and wild places.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain routine reporting designed to track and analyze the behaviors and giving trends among NWF Members and supporters
- Compile performance and cost data for budgeting/forecasting processes
- Collect data, conduct analysis and provide data-driven and actionable insights to measure value and to influence campaign strategy
- Construct campaigns in internal systems using Analytical Marketing, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Tableau, Excel and Access
- Ensure data outputs are completed in accordance with scheduled deadlines
- Analyze direct marketing campaign program performance based on key performance indicators (KPIs) relating to conversion, engagement, and retention
- Compile and analyze structured data from many sources within the organization including CRM, Data Warehouse and Marketing Cubes
- Create dashboards and reports that illustrate campaign performance, and present regularly to key stakeholders
- Identify trends and provides recommendations for improving ROI and optimizing campaigns and other fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with Membership, Midlevel, Major Giving, and Gift Planning teams to develop acquisition and attribution segmentation
- Produce and output data for direct marketing campaigns, magazine subscription and donor engagement efforts
- Provide data insights pertaining to campaign historical performance and relevant industry trends to support strategy development and planning
- Assist the Senior Analyst in developing tools and analyses to better understand the complete donor experience
- Work with teams across the Federation to identify and obtain data that would be useful in strategic and marketing planning
- Work with programmers, developers and business intelligence experts to communicate data needs
- Conduct ad-hoc assessments to identify market opportunities, understand donor behavior and philanthropic trends, as requested by Philanthropy’s senior leadership.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree required, preferably with a business concentration
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in marketing, analysis, preferably with nonprofit organizations or mass constituency organizations.
- Strong problem-solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Superior quantitative skills and understanding of data and data management tools.
- Effective communication skills and acumen in time-management and prioritization.
- A consultative approach to working with cross-functional teams and the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate analyses, position recommendations, advise strategy implementation, and foster a disciplined approach to performance management and continuous improvement.
- Fluency with Excel, Access, Tableau, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Suite, and proficiency with CRM tools
- Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, including 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/DEIJ.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
How to Apply