Bursar - Bowen University Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Education / Teaching Job - Iwo - 25 views
The Position of the Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He / she shall also, from time- to-time, provide expert advice on issues of investment to generate revenue as well as disbursement of funds.
- He/she will perform oversight functions over the University’s Commercial Services.
- The Bursar shall oversee all financial, accounting, reporting, resource mobilization, fund raising, sponsorship, grants, subventions, endorsement drives, revenue generation activities, tax and insurance functions of the University.
The Candidate, Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post of Bursar must:
- Be a Christian (Preferably of Baptist Denomination)
- Possess a good University degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Be a registered member or Fellow of any of the following Professional Bodies: ICAN, ICMA, CPA, ACCA etc.
- Be ICT compliant and conversant with current trends in financial reporting - IFRS, IPSAS.
- Have proven knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Package especially Microsoft Excel.
- Be between the ages of 45 and 55 years as of the time of assumption of duty.
- Have not less than twelve (12) years of relevant post qualification experience in University Administration or similar institution.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
- Bowen University runs a unique remuneration package, which is similar to what obtains in other tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and driver and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send their Application, Curriculum Vitae and all other necessary credentials as attachment in PDF format to: email@example.com using the following format:
- Full name with surname first in capital letters
- Post applied for
- Date of birth, town and state of origin Nationality
- Religion and denomination
- Current postal address including GSM number and email address
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Work experience
- Present employment, status and salary
- Service to national and international bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
- Signature and date.
The application should include candidate's statement of Vision and Mission for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words.
Candidates are also requested to submit Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked "Post of Registrar" or "Post of Bursar Bowen University, Iwo" to:
P.M.B. 284 - Iwo,
Note: Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.