Branch Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Agriculture / Agro-Allied Jobs - Brawley - 84 views
The Branch Manager directs and manages production, distribution and marketing operations for the branch. This position also manages employees in the branch.
The employee's primary duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of Helena or Helena's customers. This also includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
What your day may look like
- Develops and implements selling activities to dealer and/or grower customers in marketing territory to achieve maximum sales and profitability.
- Develops and implements operational procedures for efficient distribution of all product lines in compliance with Helena safety and environmental guidelines.
- Sells products which are profitable for the company, including both Helena and basic supplier products which require visiting customers and vendors at their places of business.
- Recognizes changes in the market resulting from environmental, economic or competitive conditions and develops sales strategies to meet those changes to remain at the top or increase sales penetration.
- Emphasizes commitment to the sale of Helena proprietary products.
- Assigns duties to location team members, evaluates the performance of the team and motivates and trains employees to assure maximum utilization of location staff.
- Acquires knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a changing customer and product mix.
- Effectively resolves customer complaints, application and service problems, distribution and inventory needs and employee issues.
- Develops and maintains credit information on all customers, administers the approved credit policy of Helena consistently and collects receivables in a timely manner.
- Assures that the company image is developed and maintained favorably with customers and suppliers.
- Implements location sales plans for products promoted, customer pricing, sales strategy, market development, volume increases, new customer contacts and approved credit policy.
- Supports and assists division leadership in any other important functions necessary for the location or division operations.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Education and experience needed for this position
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Five years of related work experience is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Knowledge of fertilizer operations is preferred.
- Organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required.
- Works well with others.
- Handles confidential information.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of federal and state regulations (OSHA, DOT, etc.)
Being a leader at Helena
At Helena, we lead by example. Our leaders are expected to demonstrate the same qualities that we value in our employees -- integrity, passion and accountability. When you become a leader at Helena, you are not just overseeing a team of people, you are inspiring and empowering those around you to be better each day. And when our leaders do that, success comes naturally.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for overseeing all the branch team members. This includes carrying out leadership responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, training and coaching employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems by following all of Helena's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
The work environment for this position may require the employee to work in an outdoor setting in all types of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements. When working outdoors and possibly around moving equipment/mechanical parts, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Who we are
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC is one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers. We rank near the top nationally in volume and sales for crop production products, fertilizer, custom application, seed and precision agriculture, turf management, industrial weed control, forestry, aquatics and more. As a solutions provider, we help our customers make critical decisions about soil variability, nutrient and water availability, seed selection and pest management. We take pride in working with our growers beyond the sale, helping them in every aspect of their business.
Helena operates under several main business groups -- Helena Products Group, AGRIntelligence, Helena Industries, LLC and Diversified Applications, Inc.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their leader and team. Our family-like culture is centered on our successful business model -"People...Products...Knowledge." "People" being the first for good reason. When our employees are treated right and feel cared for, our customers thrive and our business grows.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, visit us at (please use the apply button below).
Helena is an equal opportunity employer.
Type here to search...
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC, headquartered in Collierville, Tennessee, is one of the foremost agronomic solutions providers in the United States. Helena markets and sells inputs that improve agricultural productivity for greater customer returns. This includes seed and seed treatments, fertilizer and application services, crop protectants, financial services and precision ag services. Helena also has its own line of products through Helena Products Group, which includes adjuvants, crop protection products, fertilizers, crop production products and seed treatments. Helena’s theme of People…Products…Knowledge… reinforces the company’s commitment to helping customers succeed through knowledgeable and dedicated people, useful and unique products and the latest proven technologies.