Biostatistics Specialist Master's Degree Job1 week ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Abuja - 100 views
- The Biostatistics Specialist will report directly to the Biostatics Lead
- S/he will collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges and communicate with interested parties
- S/he will provide support with project plans and timelines for the Biostatics Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Biostatistics lead in running of Biostatistics unit
- Provide biostatistical consultation to clients or colleagues
- Develop guidelines for how data should be collected
- Determination of sample size requirements for studies.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies
- Write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation at professional conferences.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Prepare tables and graphs to present clinical data or results.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Design surveys to assess health issues.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Collect data through surveys or experimentation.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena such as the spread of infectious diseases.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or related scientific field is required. A PHD is an advantage
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years working experience doing data analysis or epidemiology
- Strong mathematical skills, Statistics skills, Problem solving, Adaptability, Written and oral communications skills, Strong teamwork skills, Critical thinking, and Strong computer background
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
- Expert use of at least 2 data management and analysis tools
- Certification in any applicable Health care professional body is desirable but not required
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Microsoft Word-formatted or PDF document consisting of a cover letter, CV, citizenship information, and salary expectations.
- Please identify the location and position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Please note that MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location designated in the job posting.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.
- Applications will be considered as received.
- No phone calls, please.
We are recruiting to fill the position