Bilingual Account Sales Representative Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Houston - 50 views
The primary purpose of this job is to sell aftermarket parts through various proactive selling techniques and managing all aspects of customer service for incoming orders via QTC and ensuring proper setup into SAP. This position is also responsible for providing aftermarket engineered solutions and pricing. The incumbent must obtain market intelligence with respect to pricing needed to win the order and make decisions based on margin rules. In addition, this position is responsible for collaborating with SPX CT Plant employees and vendors to obtain the costs of products and lead-times. The incumbent is responsible for determining the quote list pricing of products using costs and general guidelines for markup. The incumbent also follows through on quotes that become orders to ensure products, pricing, and lead-times are provided in a manner consistent with the quote. This position also assists in meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for the parts department. Furthermore, the successful incumbent will possess strong communication and customer service skills, require minimal supervision, and utilize innovative approaches to meeting all internal and external customer requests. The successful incumbent will be able to work well as an individual and within a group and, as needed, delegate tasks to others in supporting roles. The incumbent will possess expertise in one or more major grouping of products and manage the sales numbers with regard to that product.
- Engage customers proactively to sell, up-sell aftermarket parts opportunities
- Be accountable to aftermarket revenue and margin performance of assigned territory
- Review technical and commercial specifications
- Manage RFQ/quoting process and prepare proposals
- Process won orders from QTC into SAP and ensure compliance with original proposal
- Create, revise, enhance, and distribute aftermarket pricing catalogs
- Provide recommendations to distributor stocking levels
- Monitor orders in system for delivery status and utilize expeditor as needed
- Assist with engineering scope of work and pricing confirmation for orders
- Participate in night and weekend emergency phone coverage on a rotational basis
- Track follow-up calls and associated sales results as defined as margin contribution
- Proposal average turnaround time per month, less than one day average
- Percentage of proposals within 1 to 2 days, at least 30% proposals within same day
- Clarity and accuracy of product description within proposal
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Engineering or similar technical field
- Prior sales experience preferred
Certification/Other Skills and Abilites
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities of varying complexity
- Familiarity with SAP or other ERP system
- Familiarity with HVAC or cooling towers is desirable
- Familiarity with engineering documents and history is desirable
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment with varying noise levels
- May work outside at times and be exposed to excessive noise, heat, or bad weather
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.