AVP Modeling Actuary - Retirement Division Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 months ago - Other categories - Birmingham - 96 views
The candidate selected for this position will join a team of actuaries that develop insurance products to support Protective's Retirement Division. The primary responsibility will be building actuarial models in MG-ALFA and GGY-AXIS in support of the product agenda and strategic business Plan. To successfully do so, you will interact with and support the product actuaries responsible for life and annuity product pricing. Additionally, you will interact with financial and projection/modeling groups and other cross-functional groups in the company. This position will report to the 2VP - Retirement Product Strategy leader, residing and working in Birmingham, AL.
- Build and maintain actuarial models in MG-ALFA and GGY-AXIS in support of the Retirement Division product agenda and strategic business Plan.
- Support the pricing and development of life insurance and annuity products through the modeling and analysis of product cash flows and associated risks.
- Enable projection and analysis under statutory and US GAAP accounting bases.
- Ensure adequate internal model controls, and suitable documentation of results and processes.
- Participate on the Model Governance Committee including presentation of Product models to the committee for approval.
- Present work product and findings to Product leadership.
- Build interfaces to financial projection models in support of the strategic business Plan.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and adhere to Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Mentor junior employees and help foster a collaborative work environment focused on professional growth.
- BA/BS Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or related major
- Society of Actuaries membership at the ASA or FSA level and an active compliant Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- 10+ years of relevant actuarial work experience in actuarial modeling, life insurance or annuity pricing or a related function
- Advanced level financial modeling skills in MG-ALFA and GGY-AXIS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Hard working and proactive
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Accountable and results-oriented
- Prior management experience a plus
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.