Automation and Communications Engineer (Hubbell Site Flexible) - St. Louis, MO Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Columbia - 8 views
This position can be located in St. Louis, MO or Solon, OH*
The Automation and Communication Engineer will lead all aspects of communications, industry protocols for our transmission, substation, and distribution family of products. Position will work closely with product management, engineering, sales, as well as end customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and design expertise on industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus) for new product development, product improvements and new product innovation.
- Provide technical leadership and design expertise on local and long-range communication networks systems for new products and product line extensions for our transmission, substation, and distribution family of products.
- Guide and provide knowledge of power system software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, and industry protocols for NPI.
- Work with Marketing and Management to understand customer requirements for system applications.
- Influence team members to work coherently and follow the product development process.
- Provide in depth technical support on communication technologies and protocols to customers.
- Identify technologies and processes to drive improvements in system operation, tools, and organizational performance.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs
- Proven experience with industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices and philosophies.
- Proven experience in defining sophisticated products working with the hardware, software and system level requirements for the product.
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming and scripting languages (C, C++, Python, etc)
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion.
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey sophisticated information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary functions (engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional Engineer License
- Participation in industry meetings and technical societies.
- Communications systems background (LTE, LoRa, WiFi, WiMAXX, 450 – 900MHz radio).
- Electronic hardware and software development experience.
- Electronic communication systems background.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
|apply nowapply now|