Audit Supervisor-Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited - Abuja (FCT), Lagos Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Lagos - 31 views
Location: Abuja (FCT), Lagos
- Overseeing audit staff during audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management and operating practices.
- Take responsibility for external audit assignments, financial institutions, medium sized companies, various industries and business sectors within the firm.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and responsible for the development of audit staff and the completion of performance evaluations
- Develop annual audit plan and coordinate audit activities
- Oversee audit planning, field work, and audit reporting, prepares reports and communicates findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- Review automated audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit… and compliance with the department’s methodology.
- Supervise audit team to ensure quality on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with team to review audit findings
- Prepare reports with audit findings and recommendations
- Evaluate current audit procedures and recommend improvements
- Evaluate and enhance internal controls to improve operational efficiency
- Analyze and resolve audit issues in a timely fashion
- Communicate audit status to management on regular basis
- Discuss with management about audit observations, recommendations and actions
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Organize trainings for audit team for skill development
- Effectively work with new and changing situations including new industry regulations where there may not always be a ready apparent solution.
- Prepare clear and complete audit work papers and store them in department
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- ICAN or ACCA Professional Membership
- 3-4 years of proven work experience as an external Auditor (Post ICAN) with leadership experience and currently working in an audit firm.
- Experience of the entire Audit and Tax process
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and sound strategies
- Understanding of Quality and Risk Management procedures
- Track record of leading audit teams
- Experience in data analysis and financial reporting
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of accounting and standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS)
- Thorough knowledge of current external auditing practices, tax consultancy and relevant regulations.
- Good presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of accounting tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages
Other Skills / Behaviours;
- Good interpersonal relationship with positive and supportive attitude
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "the job title" as the subject of the email.
We are recruiting to fill the position