Associate Technical Support Analyst - Minnetonka, MN Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Hopkins - 14 views
The Technical Support roles within the ITSD is fundamental part of a global IT support team, responsible for answering incoming calls, chats, email and web submissions from customers and resolving technical issues, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. The IT Service Desk team provides level 1 support to the UnitedHealth & Optum team members. Successful candidates will handle multiple customer contacts regarding all areas of UnitedHealth Group’s IT infrastructure and applications, they work with various internal support groups to escalate complex high priority/high impact issues, as well as ensure a high degree of customer service and focus.
- Proficiently manage the resolution of inbound technical contacts at a large corporate help desk; balancing customer service, providing support, and issue resolution in a high-volume call center environment that operates 24x7x365
- Diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows 10 environment, offering a variety of level 1.99 solutions over the phone, via chat or email. Using remote control tools to assist customers when needed
- Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed. In addition, providing feedback on technical documentation for publication in Knowledge Base
- Effectively translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers
- Demonstrate a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Accurately, quickly, and efficiently record all interactions with customers in an incident management tracking tool
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding of protected information, such as personal health information (PHI/PII) and access to corporate systems
- Escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams
- Adhere to a strongly regimented schedule (start/end times, lunches, breaks, non-production time, etc.)
- Meet or exceed statistical metric goals including ticket and contact quality, first call resolution, and schedule adherence
- Work in a low-wall cubicle environment with moderate noise levels
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but HS Diploma/GED and 2+ years of experience accepted
- 3+ years’ experience supporting users in level 1 and 2 technical support capacity, at a minimum: 1+ years’ in a call center and 2+ years’ in Desktop or Deskside support environment
- Experience with Cisco Systems Platform (Call Manager, Unity)
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert
- Experience with Contact Center and Communication technologies, inbound/outbound, multichannel, chat, video, collaboration tools
- Experience with Communication collaboration applications, Cisco Webex, Cisco Jabber, Cisco IM/Presence, Genesys Call Center Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Experience with service ticketing/tracking systems (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience with a call routing system (VCC or WWE preferred)
- Experience with Remote Control/Remote Assistance tools (Bomgar, native tools within Windows, and Altiris (Symantec) preferred)
- Ability to work with Level 2 and 3 teams at a high technical ability verbally with clear understanding
- Ability to speak in front of groups of people with differing technical knowledge and capabilities
- Able to take notes and write meeting recaps for Management
- Data Analysis using excel and other reporting tools
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Support experience with ‘work at home/remote’ employees, rudimentary understanding of VPN, ISP, and Internet connectivity
- Experience working in environment where success was gauged by balancing first call resolution, call handle time and, or other specific metrics
- Experience assisting customers through alternate intake channels (phone and nonverbal channels like live chat, email, social media and web form submissions)
- Experience working with a knowledge base or knowledge tool
- Experience using and supporting IP phone systems
- Experience with mobile devices
- Experience in a large corporate environment
- Exposure to or knowledge of ITIL practices
- HDI Service Desk Certification
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group?
You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
UnitedHealth Group IT provides a diverse and comprehensive array of application design and infrastructure services designed to advance improved health and well-being for our customers, and to benefit UnitedHealth Group employees across the enterprise. Comprised of the Application Services Group, Enterprise Technology Services Group and the IT Business Services Group, UnitedHealth Group IT has over 10,000 internal and external resources across the globe, and offices in multiple states in the United States.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support, Optum, UnitedHealth Group, hiring immediately, #RPO