Associate Technical Designer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Graphics Design / Video Editing / Animation - Menomonee Falls - 26 views
Creates and develops basic programs, and executes product technical specifications for Kohls Proprietary Brands.
EXECUTES PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY CONSISTENCY
- Completes accurate technical specifications that adhere to Kohls Brand ID and Minimum Construction Standards
- Performs benchmarking, maintains awareness of market trends, competitively shops and makes recommendations based on learnings
- Establishes industry knowledge through shopping competition, researching publication and market trends, and building relationships with peers.
- Shows a clear ability to research and bridge the gap between internal and external partners (i.e. PI, PD, TD, TD Mgr, LF, etc.) to achieve solutions to product attributing.
CONDUCTS SAMPLE REVIEWS FOCUSING ON CONSTRUCTION AND FUNCTIONALITY
- Works in alignment with cross functional team
- Evaluates samples to ensure they meet requirements for dimensions, product attributes, functionality, and workmanship.
- Makes detailed recommendations to communicate corrections/modifications for vendors
- Gains experience evaluating products with guidance, seeking help for difficult construction issues
- Proactively identifies construction issues and partners with cross-functional teams & Product Integrity teams to ensure communication is shared with appropriate partners."
CONDUCTS VENDOR PARTNER COMMUNICATIONS
- Articulate technical specifications to vendor, Li & Fung via PLM
- Partners with Certified Technical Designers/vendors to resolve issues
- Engage with Certified Technical Designers at vendor/factory to guide better results on product development process"
DRIVES CONTINUOUS SUPPORT
- Suggests efficiencies to process for best results in Kohls workload and amazing product
- Keep updated on customer feedback to ensure products are meeting customer expectations and identify potential concerns.
- Understand divisional strategic initiatives and proactively works to implement supporting technical strategies"
- 5 Star Engineering
- Voice of Customer
- Store Audit
- 2+ years previous Technical Design, Fashion, Design or similar industry experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Design, Pattern making, Apparel Manufacturing or Industrial Design
- Experience using PLM and Adobe-Illustrator or similar on-line specification package and sketching programs
- Knowledge of textiles, construction & pattern making/grading