Associate, Tally Clerk - eHealth Africa Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Kano - 91 views
Purpose of the position
- The Associate Tally Clerk is to account and maintain the records for all commodities received, stored and dispatched in compliance with eHA and donor guidelines.
- The Warehouse Tally Clerk is also responsible for the documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage, and delivery of all food commodities
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of all trucks on arrival at the warehouse; ensure that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and there are no unauthorized commodities mixed with food.
- Fill in the truck inspection reports before the commencement of offloading.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Supervise the offloading staff during the process of offloading commodities and make sure that it is properly undertaken. Ensure that commodities are carefully being inspected and counted during off-loading before being accepted in the warehouse.
- Stack commodities according to type and shipment number.
- Stack commodities on pallets and ensure a space of one metre between stacks and wall, stack and stack, stack and ceiling is maintained.
- Report any shortages, damages or excess to the warehouse supervisor and reflect such differences in all copies of the delivery documents.
- Fill in all stack cards immediately after completing stacking.
- Fill in all forms (waybill, loading & offloading tally sheet and random weighting form) during and immediately after completing the offloading process. Record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any.
- Use the FIFO principle for each commodity. Commodities arriving first must be dispatched first except for reconstituted commodities.
- Dispatch food commodities based on approved commodity dispatch authorization.
- Ensure all documents for commodity dispatch have been correctly and completely filled.
- Inspect all trucks to be loaded with food to ensure that they are roadworthy before commencing loading.
- Inspect trucks loaded with food to ensure that they are properly covered with tarpaulins before leaving the warehouse.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- Will adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Working with partner organizations in meeting their item storage and withdrawal needs.
Who you are:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Warehousing, Logistics, Procurement or any other related field.
- Knowledge of warehousing, transport, shipping, and practical freight forwarding.
- Past experience preferable with a busy NGO or UN agency, in food commodities handling tracking and accounting. Prior experience with the WFP Compass system is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of eHA regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting.
- This position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision. He/she should be able to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units. He/she must be keen on details and a well-organized individual.
- Accepts responsibility for your own actions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Excellent communication skills required including written, verbal and interpersonal.
- You must have a great understanding of health and safety for self, others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for you to successfully perform this job:
- Exhibit professionalism in the workplace at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost-conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Being helpful, respectful, and approachable and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Disciplined with outstanding organizational skills.
- Exhibits a great amount of flexibility in delivering your duties.
- Ability to work in distant locations under minimal supervision.
- Exhibit a high sense of security consciousness and alertness at all times and working effectively with security forces to ensure the safety of lives and properties.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online