Associate Product Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 121 views
Our Associate Product Manager (APM) is responsible for supporting operations and development of RSuite, Macmillan's content management system. The APM will identify and create product requirements, draft tickets, and perform QA testing to confirm developed features meet success criteria. This position will work closely with internal book production departments and serve as the primary resource for application support, documentation, and training.
What you'll do:
- Meet with business stakeholders to gather requirements; convert requirements into development tickets; organize and prioritize tickets for development team.
- Test developed features against requirements; submit feedback to developers.
- Track feature development against product release schedule; develop schedule for maintenance releases
- Prepare clear and well-organized documentation on system features & workflows. Create training materials & provide training to new and existing staff in use of system.
- Serve as key support resource for assigned applications. Provide daily support by answering questions, resolving issues, etc.
- Perform administrative duties: set up new users, run usage reports, submit & track bug resolution, etc.
What you'll bring:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate clearly across departments to users of varying technical knowledge/ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues at varying levels within the company
- Detail-oriented and analytical with proactive troubleshooting, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Technologically proficient, adept at picking up new systems quickly
- Strong organization and project-management skills
- Premier customer-service skills
- Ability to multi-task with high self-accountability toward meeting deadlines/objectives
- Ability to adapt to dynamic environments and escalate issues appropriately
- Understanding of digital asset management best practices
- 2+ years work experience in publishing
- Experience in a production role a plus (production editorial, managing editorial, design)
- Experience with CMS (technical or operational role) preferred
- Experience with quality assurance or software testing preferred; may have worked in an operational department performing user testing or been superuser inquiring about system functionality/performance
- Familiarity with software development life cycle and agile methodology a plus
- Experience with any of the following systems a plus: RSuite, Biblio, DocuSign, Jira, Asana
- BA or equivalent work/technical experience
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.