Associate Product Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 146 views
About the Role Samsara's Product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of fleets & other operations-focused businesses that power our economy. As a member of the Product team, you'll be responsible for the success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara's vision. Samsara's approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You'll learn about our customers' operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
As an Associate Product Manager (APM), you'll participate in a formal training program alongside your peers as part of an APM cohort. Through this program, you'll gain hands-on experience managing products, get exposure to different teams across Samsara's business, and learn from mentors who are veteran product managers. We'll start with the fundamentals, helping you understand how to successfully run beta programs and launch features that will have a big impact on our customers. From there, you'll learn about how to work with engineers & designers to build features end-to-end, and even own the roadmap for a small product area. A unique aspect of Samsara's APM program is that we're still a hyper-growth company moving from startup mode into large-scale operation - as an APM you'll have a front-row seat to learning the growth-scale playbook that has made Samsara so successful.
Our APM program is rotational - you'll spend two 9-month rotations working on different parts of our product, which includes mobile apps, web software, hardware devices, and more. Upon completion of the program, APM's have the opportunity for formal placement into exciting PM roles across the company to continue advancing their careers at Samsara. The APM role is ideal for those with technical backgrounds who want to move into a career in Product, but may not have had prior product management experience.
In this role, you will:
- Learn the core skills of product management through an "apprenticeship-style" program with training & a formal mentor
- Gather customer and stakeholder feedback through well-structured beta programs to get features ready for launch
- Manage the end-to-end launch of a new feature, enabling customers & internal teams, and measuring the success of new features during roll-out
- Have the opportunity to interact with & learn from our executive team - because of our transparent culture, you'll have a front-row seat to understanding how to scale a growth-stage company to becoming a major industry player
- As you grow, lead the development of new features in collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Marketing, and even manage a small roadmap
- Champion Samsara's cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset)
An ideal candidate has:
- 0-1 years in a product management or adjacent R&D or customer-facing role (this is an entry-level role!)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Prior evidence of strong intellectual curiosity & leadership skills
- Knack for gleaning insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action - you're not afraid to get your hands dirty to help your team and have an impact on our customers
- Demonstrated attention to detail and structured thinking
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we'll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at (see application details).
While each team and office has its own culture, we all come together around a set of philosophies for how we work together, tackle challenges, and grow our business. If these ideas resonate with you, Samsara might be a great fit.