Associate Human Resources Generalist in St. James, Minnesota | Careers at St. James, MN Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 69 views
The Associate Human Resources Generalist provides general human resource assistance to the Corporate HR department which will include support surrounding recruiting, employment and personnel documentation, HR information systems, compensation, development and/or benefits. This position will work closely with all areas within the Corporate HR department, able to work autonomously and assist in more complex HR duties.
- Provide project management support and coordination for Human Resources activities and initiatives
- Support programs that promote recognition, development, and retention of key talent
- Process actions including, but not limited to new hires and terminations, including preparation of applicable paperwork and execution in the Company's HRIS;
- Assist with the onboarding process;
- Ensure and validate consistency and accuracy in our HRIS;
- Provide SAP Organizational Management (OM) set up for the organization
- Generate a variety of standard and ad-hoc reports to support management in the areas of workforce analytics
- Performs SAP and unit testing tasks for changes to human resource systems
- Analyzes and solves problems that are lower complexity and may be routine in nature, requiring varied responses depending on the situation.
- Assist with annual performance review cycle, including employee performance management documentation, communications and educational materials;
- Maintain accurate employee records, manage employee personnel files and complete other HR tasks as requested by the HR team; and
- Escalate employee relations issues to the HR Manager(s) and promote a harmonious work environment.
The above statements are to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 2+ years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in human resource related administration of talent acquisition, organizational development, compensation, and other HR programs preferred.
- Ability and willingness to support multiple HR initiatives and be a team player
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to collect, synthesize, and summarize relevant data
- Ability to develop positive relationships when part of a dynamic and cross-functional team
- Expresses organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of employment law practices
- Knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft Excel, Word Processing, and Power Point
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, such as iCims, and knowledge of SAP HRIS, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.