Associate Director, Strategy Consulting, High Tech and Invest Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 114 views
What you'll do
Our Associate Director will manage and lead teams of 2-3 consultants in the delivery of data-driven commercial diligence reports and assessments of technology portfolio companies for private equity, hedge fund, pension fund and corporate M&A investments. You will work directly with high tech and invest clients, as well as management teams of acquisition targets and portfolio companies. You will participate in the analysis and communication of relevant trends impacting the markets relevant to the clients' investment; supporting qualified findings and recommendation by building data models that quantify and project market opportunity across a varied set of dimensions. You will be conducting executive interviews with significant exposure to portfolio managers and C-level executives.
The High Tech and Invest team will be also be responsible for developing tailor-made solutions founded on Gartner IP, while working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. In this highly collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others on a daily basis. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
You will master the art of leveraging Gartner research and expertise across service lines, working in close contact with Gartner analysts and effectively utilize third-party tools and datasets.
What you'll need
- Management consulting experience, including client leadership, engagement management, and project delivery.
- Familiarity with high tech companies, start-ups, and/or firms who invest in technology companies, e.g. hedge funds, private equity, corporate/strategic buyers, etc.
- Passion for consumer and enterprise technology, including but not limited to concepts in IT architecture, software markets, internet companies, data management, cloud, IoT and next gen technologies
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- Experience building financial models and using data visualization software, including in the context of investments, acquisitions, and/or carve-outs
- A consistent track record of leading people and building high-performing teams
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client's most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Who you are
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Strong executive presence, communication, and presentation skills, with a proven ability to develop and deliver insights
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Driven, eager to break new ground, apt to create opportunities for others
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
Gartner is the world's leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We've grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
Fortune World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
Forbes America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
Gartner is committed to diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business. We foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement and growth at Gartner. We are a multi-cultural, global business, serving clients in more than 100 countries around the world. Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We are united in our mission and we work together to solve problems. In doing so, we operate at the highest ethical standards, with respect for all, across our associates, clients and communities. Learn more at (please use the apply button below)
Job Requisition ID:52782
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: (please use the apply button below)
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
|apply nowapply now|
Looking for a community where you can thrive and make a visible impact?
Our team is intrinsically motivated by a shared set of values. Everyone strives to do their best for their clients, their team and themselves, setting the stage for future growth. This blend of curiosity, drive and humility forms the foundation of our culture.