Associate Director - Privacy Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Atlanta - 81 views
Work you'll do:
Our Office of General Counsel is currently seeking an Assistant General Counsel to serve as the primary Privacy attorney within the DTTL OGC Technology and Shared Services team. This person will contribute primarily in the privacy and technology spaces, helping the Deloitte network innovate and deploy new technologies while managing legal and privacy risks and complying with regulations. The Assistant General Counsel will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Serving as counsel to the Global Privacy Office and providing legal advice and support on privacy initiatives
- Developing scalable frameworks and approaches to assist the Deloitte organization with achieving its strategic objectives while complying with privacy regulations
- Providing guidance to technology teams and business leaders on the privacy, confidentiality, legal and other risks associated with development, operation, and implementation of technology systems and innovations and working collaboratively with business leaders to develop practical solutions to address those risks
- Collaborating with Deloitte Member Firm legal and privacy teams to address local compliance Counseling and assisting
- Assisting with negotiating and drafting privacy and security terms in commercial agreements, including licensing agreements, sourcing and procurement agreements, and partnership and joint venture agreements, as well as term of use
- Monitoring legal, regulatory and commercial developments in the privacy arena to develop forward-thinking, market-leading approaches to privacy compliance
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
Global General Counsel provides legal guidance and expertise to Deloitte Global, the broader Deloitte organization, and our business leaders. We advise on regulatory, claims, and corporate legal matters, as well as additional issues that may pose novel or unique situations.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
- Admitted to practice law in the United Kingdom or a member state of the European Union
- 12+ years of legal experience, with a strong background in international privacy
- Proven track record advising and supporting the development and implementation of global privacy compliance programs
- Proven track record of successfully advising product development teams and/or advising teams working on complex technology deployments in how to address privacy requirements
- Fluent in English
Skills and attributes:
- Responsive and client-service focused
- Strategic, creative thinker with good business judgment who can generate possible solutions and options to achieve business goals within the strictures of legal and regulatory requirements
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively and can navigate a complex organization that is spread across the globe
- Strong communicator and good listener, with ability to craft clear and effective messages both orally and in writing
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across various stakeholder groups within the Deloitte network and externally
Agility and flexibility (We are a leanly staffed legal department and everyone in the Technology and Shared Services team is expected to chip in and handle a broad array of matters)
- Experience working in an in-house environment, preferably with a technology or professional services provider or supporting technology teams at a large multi-national institution
- Expertise in and ability to advise on privacy, cyber security, and confidentiality matters
- Experience working in a global or cross-border environment with individuals from different geographies and cultures
- Experience translating legal concepts and requirements into actionable, practical guidance for IT and business teams
- LLM or equivalent degree from a US law school
- Privacy certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site ((please use the apply button below)) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at (please use the apply button below)
Requisition code: D79862
|apply nowapply now|
So, when people ask, “what’s different about Deloitte?” the answer resides in the many specific examples of where we have helped Deloitte member firm clients, our people, and sections of society to achieve remarkable goals, solve complex problems or make meaningful progress. Deeper still, it’s in the beliefs, behaviors and fundamental sense of purpose that underpin all that we do.