Associate Director, Communications - The Hub Project Relevant Educational Qualifications Job9 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 236 views
The Hub has an immediate opening for an Associate Director of Communications to develop and execute communications strategies that elevate progressive policy ideas and give voice to public campaigns. The Associate Director of Communications will work closely with the Managing Director of Communications, National Press Secretary, and other members of the communications team to advance the narrative of the Hub’s campaigns, with a specific focus on working with state-level partners to plan and direct on-the-ground communications efforts.
As the Associate Director of Communications you will:
- Develop and implement communications strategies for the Hub’s issue campaigns, including planning, guiding, and managing the efforts of external partners
- Manage and serve as an advisor for several state-level campaigns—developing messaging, drafting, editing and approving press materials, guiding communications strategy, and overseeing earned media efforts
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders by cultivating an environment of support, readiness, and awareness
- Help to translate polling and other research into communications plans and materials for campaigns
- Monitor the news and media landscapes in several states with an eye for earned media and rapid response opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Communications and National Press Secretary
- You have experience managing remote teams and/or running a communications operation on a statewide political campaign
- You are an excellent writer with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and a knack for influencing and persuading others in a compelling way
- You have experience pitching stories, writing, and editing press releases
- You are extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, and the ability to multitask and manage projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You have an excellent understanding of earned media, social media, and how press strategies fit within the context of an issue-advocacy campaign
- You have experience at coalition building and excel at building and maintaining relationships with partner organizations and individuals
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans, and you are passionate about preserving and strengthening our democratic institutions
- Working knowledge of paid media strategy is a plus.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.