Associate Auditor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Chester - 213 views
Serves as a team member on a global scale working on a variety of exciting, challenging and technical operational and financial audits in areas such as pricing, underwriting, administration, and claims, with a focus in North America, as well as an innovation accelerator established to rapidly test, commercialize and scale business opportunities in the life insurance market, all under the supervision of more senior colleagues. Assists and provides insight on design, development and performance of risk-based audit procedures, and reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of internal control processes. Performs SOX 404 walkthroughs and executes testing of key controls in various business processes. Participates in the execution of various compliance audits to ensure conformance with regulations in various jurisdictions. Establishes strong partnerships with key stakeholders and actively promotes the Global Audit brand. Collaborates with audit team to ensure successful audit completion. Drafts work papers and audit reports documenting work performed and results, identifying required improvements and developing practical recommendations with management. Monitors and validates remediation of identified issues. Participates in a New Graduate Development Program intended to accelerate the understanding of RGA including who we are, what we do and why it matters as well as how each participant's role and function fits into the overall business. During the program, participants hear from RGA's most senior leaders in a series of Q&A sessions, executive panels, a functional tradeshow, personal development and job shadowing activities.
- Reviews operational and business risk, functions and activities, and evaluates client controls - including financial reporting controls for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance - in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, and direction of proposed audits. Helps design audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, to assess controls and meet audit objectives.
- Performs testing and walkthrough procedures to assess company compliance associated with key Sarbanes Oxley processes: reviews and analyzes the control structure, performs walkthrough and testing procedures, documents testing results, and communicates results to the process owners and the Sarbanes Oxley team.
- Undertakes special audit projects and advisory and consulting services in conjunction with colleagues. Coordinates effectively with others to complete assignments; self-review work for completeness, and submits self-evaluations for supervisory review upon completion.
- Maintains positive professional relationships with stakeholders, including Global Audit colleagues at all levels, business management, external auditors, RGA's external clients and other business associates.
- Assists with the drafting of reports and work papers, including succinct summaries of audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management actions. Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensures all audit outputs are prepared within established deadlines.
- Determines appropriate sampling and uses software necessary to accomplish audit procedures where applicable. Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data, utilizing software applications where appropriate.
- Contributes suggestions for enhancing audit procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness and engages with internal department development initiatives.
- Assists with monitoring and assessing corrective actions taken by management, while maintaining the issue management tool, and the communication of status to various stakeholders.
- Maintains continued professional education requirements and regular and predictable attendance. Demonstrates flexibility, perseverance, innovative thinking, teamwork and other positive attributes at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- Progress towards CPA/CIA or other certifications or advance degrees
- Relevant accounting/auditing qualification (e.g. CPA, CIA) or other industry qualifications.
- Prior experience in public accounting or internal auditing
- Prior experience auditing in the life insurance / reinsurance sectors.
- Experience reviewing business operational processes, information systems, data flows, and/or general IT controls.
- Prior experience performing SOX 404 walkthroughs and testing of key controls
- Experience of analyzing data and processes, internal control and corporate governance frameworks.
- Report writing in the English language.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills (fluent in English).
- Advanced analytical skills - data and processes, internal control and corporate governance frameworks.
- Ability to document audit work and findings etc. in a clear, concise manner with few basic corrections.
- Solid Word and Excel skills.
- Aptitude for auditing complex procedures in a financial services environment.
- Ability and willingness to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects, balancing priorities and deliverables, keeping stakeholders informed of status.
- Good interpersonal / relationship skills; confident but tactful communicator; good self-awareness.
- Sound investigative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to liaise with personnel across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Resilience and emotional maturity.
- Ability to balance detail with department goals/objectives
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25% of work time
- Prior experience of using audit /Enterprise Risk Management/ governance applications such as TeamMate, BWise, PeopleSoft, ACL, SQL and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use data analytics to risk assess large amounts of information and focus audit scope and related procedures.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
|apply nowapply now|
Smart people work smarter when they are empowered – when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA has built a business and engaged a workforce inspired to transform the insurance industry.