Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach Any Educational Level Job1 week ago - Education / Teaching Job - Sacramento - 36 views
Hiring Department Summary
The program of Intercollegiate Athletics is organized and conducted as an integral part of the total educational program of the University. Academic excellence and athletic accomplishments go hand in hand at Sacramento State. There are three separate and unique missions in this program: to contribute to the educational objectives of the University; to provide a healthy, competitive athletic experience to individual student-athletes; to serve as a public relations vehicle within the community.
Sacramento State has made a strong commitment to the achievement of national excellence at the NCAA Division I level. It also is committed to maintaining an equitable program between men and women. Intercollegiate Athletics are members of the Big Sky, Big West, Western Athletic Conference, Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and American Athletic Conferences.
The position reports directly to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Design and implement year round, sport specific training programs for teams assigned by the Head Strength Coach.
- Assist Head Strength Coach with implementation of strength and conditioning program for other sports.
- Assist with daily administrative and maintenance duties.
- Work directly with Sport Coaches and assist Head Strength Coach with scheduling of Broad Weight Room.
- Work directly with Sports Medicine staff to assist with alteration of training program, and participate in rehabilitation process of injured athletes.
- Provide nutrition guidance and education for assigned teams.
- Maintenance and daily operations of fueling station.
- Enforce all Strength and Conditioning Facility rules and regulations.
- May include evenings and weekends.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, in accordance with NCAA , Conferences, and California State University, Sacramento rules and regulations.
This is a 12-month, FLSA exempt position with full health benefits at the Assistant Coach classification and may have a less than full-time time-base. However the number of hours worked per week throughout the period of employment will vary depending on needs of the department, and exempt employees do not receive overtime pay. Appointment is non-tenured and renewable annually dependent upon satisfactory performance, budget considerations, enrollment, and programmatic need.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Three years of experience in a collegiate strength and conditioning program.
- Nationally accredited certification for strength and conditioning.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the Tier Training system and have an understanding of year-round periodization for athletic performance.
- CPR / AED and First Aid certification required.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license and a safe driving record at the time of appointment. Before operating a vehicle on state business, the applicant must complete and sign the University's vehicle use form.
- Master's degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Proven ability to establish good rapport and an effective working relationship with student- athletes, administrators, faculty, staff and community.
Posting Number F0190P
Anticipated Start Date Summer 2021
Initial Application Review 05/14/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY TO THIS POSTING CAN
BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTING UNDER "Documents Needed to
Please include your coaching philosophy in your cover letter.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).
Campus Diversity Statement
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country, and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region's students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/be... .
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.htm... .
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report ( ASR ) is available for viewing at (please use the apply button below) .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.