Assistant Marketing Director @ Tor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Media / Advertising / Branding Jobs - New York City - 112 views
The Assistant Marketing Director at Tor will work closely with the VP of Marketing, publishing group, marketing, and publicity teams to strategize on multi-tiered campaigns for numerous titles, including high profile authors, and oversee and execute key marketing campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the publishing, marketing, and publicity teams to strategize and develop integrated title marketing campaigns
- Collaborate directly with publishers, authors, and agents to communicate marketing plans
- Determine title positioning and identify potential audiences and how to reach them
- Execute marketing campaigns for key imprint titles
- Direct themed, targeted imprint campaigns
- Assess success of campaigns
- Present ideas at internal and external meetings, including meetings with authors and agents
- Lead brainstorming sessions and department meetings
- Ensure editors and publisher are informed of marketing initiatives
- Supervise manager
- Oversee budget for specific imprints, adjusting per title budgets as necessary as the season progresses
- Utilize available data and influencer systems to determine most effective targeting
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 6-8 years marketing experience in publishing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Strong management skills
- Extremely organized
- Must work well with multiple personality types
- Confident and comfortable presenter
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.