Assistant Manager, Marketing & Communications Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Media / Advertising / Branding Jobs - Newark - 107 views
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge. We are a national nonprofit that uses the power of communications to tackle the most important social issues facing the country -- and we want you to join our team!
The Assistant Manager , Marketing & Communications will serve on the PR and Social Media team and be responsible for supporting 2-3 national social good campaigns through public relations social media strateg ies , such as media relations and content development. The Assistant Manager will also contribute to the Ad Council's brand positioning with key stakeholder audiences across the communications industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is currently remote and will be working with a team based out of NYC. Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the position will be a part of the Ad Council's PR and Social Media and support the Ad Council's Brand/Thought Leadership efforts.
PR and Social Media team responsibilities to include:
- Developing press and social media materials including strategic plans, press releases, pitches, newsletter items, blog posts and messaging for social communities
- Identifying, onboarding and helping to manag e external agencies, vendors and partners for content production, media relations and other types of programs
- Monitoring, reporting, and analyzing news coverage and social media content performance
- Assisting public relations/social media team with day-to-day activities such as background research on reporters, influencers/creators and potential content partners
- Contributing to the Ad Council's blog, AdLibbing, and its presence on primary social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn).
- Staying on top of industry news and trends and helping determine how to position internal activities and projects so that they're relevant to the wider news cycle
- Assisting with campaign and program case studies , videos and written , and award submissions
- 2- 3 years' experience in a corp orate comm unications , public relations, journalism or an other relevant role
- Excellent communicator-great oral, presentation, and writing skills
- Creative thinker-ability to come up with new ideas and creatively position a panel, event, or op-ed
- Critical and academic thinker-ability to research and synthesize a variety of topic s and pick out an Ad Council-relevant angle
- Great project management ability - organized and detail-oriented with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment.
- Social Media and PR savvy - fluency with social strategies across a range of platforms and public relations tactics
- Team player-- a bility to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff within and outside of the department.
- Passion for causes, volunteering, and/or philanthropy a plus.
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create change around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives .
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: (please use the apply button below)
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (see application details) or
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
EEO is the Law
Who are we? We are the leaders in social cause marketing. Period. We work hard each day to deliver innovative creative and messaging that raises awareness, inspires action and save lives.
We do this by working hand in hand with top issue experts to develop breakthrough communications that address some of the most pressing social issues we are facing, including Diversity and Inclusion, Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption, Texting and Driving Prevention, Recycling, and so many more.